“It's ok, could do better.”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at The Whitehous Hotel for 3 nights at the start of February. It's hard to quantify what i thought of The Whitehouse, since it is ok, without having a massive Wow factor. My room was fairly large with a nice bath room with a superb shower and bath. The room was tidy and quite well appointed, without being totally overwhelming (part of this was because of its position on the main walk through from the lifts and backing onto the lift shaft, which made a fair amount of noise). For me, it was not a problem, but a light sleeper may feel different.
The bar is ok, with some very nice leather sofas and I must say, breakfast was very good, with the staff helpful and attentive.
I got this room through work, so obviously it was superb value for money, but I probably would think twice about paying full price for my room given there is a brand new hotel just across the river. Being right in the centre of town it is a brilliant location to walk out and see the beautiful city of Worcester, and well worth a visit it is. During my stay I visited several nice restaurants, TripAdvisor reports to follow.
I used the pool, spa and sauna facilities, again, nice without being overwhelming.
Would I recommend this hotel? On reflection I think I would advise to stay in the brand new Premier Inn hotel just across the river, only a little extra walk into town.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room away from the lift shafts.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the facilities and service to a high standard and enjoyed the leisure club, the only hotel based one in the city. We are of course, an established full service hotel with an excellent reputation for our customer service with secure on site parking for hotel patrons only. Ideally located in the city centre opposite Foregate Street Station and of course fully accessible during the current floods. In fact all this for a very reasonable and comparable price to other hotels in the local vicinity.

There are newer reviews for Worcester Whitehouse Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed for a work trip. The hotel was quick to locate - easy to locate from Foregate station, central location for a Worcester visit.

Room was good size, quiet and warm.

The breakfast provided was good quality. Staff were polite and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I am delighted that you found the service and facilities to a high standard and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you're in Worcester.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here on a weekend break. Top marks to the hotel and especially ALL the front of house staff who made us feel very welcome. We would certainly recommend this hotel.
Central location is spot on for centre of city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the levels of service provided to a high standard; I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I arrived by train and no hotel could be more convenient for the station. I had a spotless, if a bit bland and spartan room. The food was adequate and functional and the service a bit patchy but this hotel was very convenient for central Worcester and provided what I needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and found the levels of cleanliness to a high standard. As you stay, our location is ideal if traveling to or from the city. I am sorry however that you found the levels of service to be 'patchy' feedback such as this is most unusual so will be reviewed at the next communications meeting. The team and I hope to be of service to you should you visit Worcester in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Mid-week break, could not be happier. All staff were friendly & helpful especially Sally the chambermaid. We used the leisure center, ate in the restaurant and drank in the bar- all to very good standard. Location is great, i will definitely be coming back maybe around Christmas to do some shopping. We didn't have any problems over our 2 night stay just one issue with a flashing light in the bathroom that was fixed fast and efficiently by maintenance. I have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you had a restful and relaxing stay with us and found the service and facilities to a high standard. Thank you for taking the time to mention Sally, who is an asset to our team and as a result of being personally mentioned receives a box of chocolates. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business with a number of colleagues. We didn't take dinner at the hotel but overall the stay was very good. The hotel decor is to a good standard especially so in the communal areas. The staff were very courteous and helpful and the breakfast was to the expected standard. My room was large (plenty of space to deploy the sofa bed for a family stay). The bedroom decor was a bit bland but it was clean and In good condition, the bed could be improved as the mattress did not have a comfort topper and the pillows felt cheap but otherwise everything was very good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you found the facilities and service to a high standard. The staff are always pleased to read that their hard work has been recognised so I will forward them your compliments. I have noted your comment regarding the mattress topper and am currently investigating this option with the Head Housekeeper so that we can further improve our offering. I hope that we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

this was my second visit to this hotel. This time a room at the rear, which is a modern building. Very comfortable, good size room and bathroom. Only one complaint, Christmas party going on until 15 after midnight. Music was very repetitive. Other times if the year probably only noisy at weekends with weddings of birthday parties.

Room Tip: In the new building and away from function room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased that the room was ideal for your needs although am sorry that you were disturbed by our Christmas celebrations. I do hope that this will not deter you from returning and that we have the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.