“clean friendly hotel”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arrived saturday afternoon, fairly tired after walking a section of the worcestershire way, checking in was fast and efficient and we were given a room on the second floor overlooking the main street.We went down and had a drink and light snack in the bar, which was reasonably priced and very tasty. That night we ate out and back to our room around 10.30, we found it fairly difficult to get to sleep because of the traffic and general late night revelling from the street below, this went on into the early hours.Got up breakfast was excellent. Overall the hotel was very clean, well run and friendly, and if you want a good nights sleep it may well pay to ask for one of the quieter rooms at the back, as our friends did!.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank julian221265
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay and found the our service and facilities to be of a high standard. I will pass your compliments onto the team. Our central location is ideal to explore Worcester and surrounding area but on occasions as a result we can be subjected to the usual noise of a busyand vibrant city which unfortunately, is somewhat out of our control. I'm pleased that this did not marr your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for business from sunday to friday, room was clean and spacious, breakfast was a large variety and always warm and staff were very helpful,

Only moan was that the gym had no air con and my rooms fan wasnt working propley so it was a bit stuffy in the night
But I'll be coming back again on the 9th of July so hoping for the same excellent service

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for tkaing the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit and will pass your compliments onto the team. I look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

One night stay, good ventral location, £5 to park the car a bit disappointing. Very quite bar. Breakfast good, room clean and good facilities.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay; thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I hope that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was travelling with friends and we had booked four rooms. I think they have some recently renovated rooms in the hotel, but our rooms looked a bit older. They were nice, spacious and clean though, just the look was a bit outdated. The most important thing is the bed of course, and it was nice and comfy. I found it a bit funny that there was a huge, several metres long desk in the room. It made me think I'm staying in an office and should do some work :D

There was nothing too special in the hotel in general, everything worked quite ok. Well, the soundproofing in the rooms wasn't too good, but luckily my room neighbour switched the TV off quite early. There would have been a swimming pool as well, but we had bad luck cause they had just closed it for renovations.

The only a bit negative thing for us really was the behaviour of the staff. We didn't have any major problems, but every member of the staff we met was just very busy / stressed / a bit attitudinal. In the front desk the lady barely said hello to us and seemed to think that the people on the phone are way more important. The bartender seemed to be very stressed because he had to walk to the bar to sell some drinks for us. And at breakfast they just asked everybody's room numbers in a very rude way and collected the plates away when you weren't even finished, giving you a feeling that you should really go now. No big deal, but sometimes we just didn't FEEL that welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry that you were unable to use the poolside area during your visit but I am pleased to say that this was several weeks ago now and all facilities in the health club have been available for use by residents and members for over a month now. It is most unusal to receive such negative feedback about the staff as you can see from many reviews our staff are an asset to the hotel. I will certainly pass your comments onto the team so that those concerned can adjust their behaviour. I hope that this will not deter you from returning and that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have just spent the weekend at this hotel, admittedly it was the only one with availability at short notice, 2 rooms booked. The overall experience was a complete let down. Firstly the charge for the car-park is a joke especially when next morning to need to pay for a car clean resulting from the amount of bird droppings overnight. The decor of the hotel and rooms is bordering on a joke, the smell when you enter is one of chlorine emanating from the gym upstairs. Windows in rooms had mostly broken catches, net curtains were filthy, the iron and fan in my friend's room didn't work, and the door handle came off in her hand....The bed throw had stains on it and no mattress covers!

Sleep quality hampered by noise of gulls, and the rooms were far too hot, especially the breakfast room

Breakfast was the usual tasteless buffet, scrambled eggs drying out, tomatoes no taste and the hash browns looked like they had come through a nuclear reactor accident.

Only plus was the friendly staff.......................ditch the rest

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheryl W
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I am sorry if your recent stay did not meet with your expectations. Unfortunately, there is not record of you speaking to one of the team here to raise your concerns and had that been the case, we would have been able to take immediate corrective action to ensure that the issues within our control were rectified. It is our responsibility and duty to ensure that guests leave satisfied but we are unable to do this if we are not advised at the time.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

You won't see anything new in this review compared to the other reviews of the hotel. The staff are friendly and welcoming, very efficient and polite.

The room I had was large, well furnished and had a lovely bath and shower. The tea-making facilities were also excellent and well stocked.

Breakfast was included and had a large choice of continntal and English breakfast all served in a buffet style. Tea/coffee and toast are served to order and it is the best breakfast I have had in a hotel in some time.

All in all, I would be pushing for a 5 star rating, but for a couple of gripes.

1. Parking at £6 per car or £12.50 to guarantee a spot. I know parking is an issue in Worcester but surely a hotel car park should be free to guests?

2. WiFi is £5 per day, and again as I travel a lot and stay in hotels, I always think charging for WiFi when a room rate is already quite high is a bit of an affront

3. The gulls. They made a substantial noise from 0530am outside my window, which considering I didn't get to sleep till 0100am. Not a lot can be done about this I suspect, but it is something that needs mentioning.

Anyway, I would still, and will still, stay again here

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to 'post' your review. I was delighted to read that you had a nice stay, enjoying the high levels of service and facilities we provide. I am sorry however that you felt the charges for car parking and WiFi should have been included in the accommodation rate; these were introduced a long time ago and are common place in the majority of city centre hotels. I would like to also apologise if your stay was somewhat marred by the noise from the seagulls - please be assured that the local authority has a comprehensive plan in place to reduce the amount of gulls in the city in a humane way and in fact, the numbers this year have declined on previous years. I am pleased that these issues will not prevent you from returning and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

stayed in this hotel for two nights for work. Excellent customer service from Brett on reception he sorted out an initial issue with ease. Breakfast was good and efficiently managed. Only issue was having to pay for Wifi in the hotel which was a bit of a let down

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I was pleased to read you review and delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I will certainly pass your compliments onto Brett the receptionist who will be extremely pleased he's mentioned. We have always charged for WiFi as do a vast majority of hotels because our system has a limited number of lines but is totally secure. I hope that this will not deter you from returning so that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.