“it was ok”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Warrington, United Kingdom
“it was ok”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel in general was fair, the room was comfortable and spacious. the down point to the hotel is the attitude and surlyness off the staff. when we arrived it took a while to get the receptionists attention due to her being distraced by two other members of staff behind the desk, 1 young male and a female. they were to busy laughing and joking to realise we were actualy there to check in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phil190764
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I am sorry that the level of customer care you received from the reception team was not welcoming or accommodating. Having discussed this with the Head Receptionist, she has asked to be associated with my apologies and has spoken to the empolyees concerned to ensure that this situation is not repeated. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here. Our room and ensuite were spacious and very clean.
the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Nothing to complain about there.
Breakfast was also quite good, although the first evening meal was not - very tough lumps of pork which definitely were not "Pork Medallions", Very disappointing, so we ate out on our other evenings, which was not always convenient after a tiring day sightseeing in the area.
Grateful for room near lift as I disabled.
Seemed to be a business hotel, so don't expect any Entertainment !!

Room Tip: Top floor had creaking floorboards in passage.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessamine28
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
I was pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay and that you intend to stay with us on a future occasion. I was sorry however to read your comment regarding your evening meal and have spoken to the Head Chef in order to prevent a recurrence of this nature. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

A lovely hotel in an ideal location but our stay was spoilt by the temperature in the four bedrooms - from uncomfortable to unbearably hot. The windows in two of our rooms were deliberately sealed shut so no way to get any fresh air. The staff said that the air conditioining was due to be fixed in 'a month' - surely for the comfort of your guests this needs to be more of a priority or at least allow them to open thier windows!

Room Tip: Choose the ones with windows that open!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SusieSue51
Thank you for taking the time to 'post' your feedback. I am sorry that your stay was marred by the lack of airconditioning; please be assured that it is most certainly our priority to recify this issue but unfortunately, the problem is not as straight forward as we had been led to believe and is taking longer than we had anticipated,. We have contacted several carpenters in the area in order to resolve the issue with the limited number of rooms with restricted windows so this will be resolved shortly. Once again, I apologise for our shortcomings on this occasion and do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back for a return visit in the future.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Right next door to Worcester Foregate station this is a basic but comfortable business travel destination. Rooms were larger than expected and breakfast and service were very good. While I had no issues with noise a colleague said her room had traffic noise as it was at the front of the hotel. Bathrooms were a little tired. Overall the convenience of the location far outweighs any minor quibbles

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine H
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I was pleased to read that on the whole you had an enjoyable experience but am sorry that your colleague was disturbed by noise. I noted your comment with regards to the bathroom and am pleased to say that we are in the midst of a programme of redecoration of these areas. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and I hope that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Travelling alone is not easy when you have lost a partener and the Whitehouse staff were was so friendly and efficient it made the stay very pleasant and certainly made me think about staying there and exploring the wonderful country side or the town, rather than going abroad. I did have a problem in the room I wasallocated and I was moved and upgraded without a problem. The dinning staff were great and service efficient despite the fact they had several parties of people there, It was suggested that I sat a little way away from the tables in case of the noise. Breakfast was great, no greasy soggy bacon it was hot and well coked and plenty of buffet type choices.. Evening meal was fine and the cost would compare favourable with local hotels in Kent perhaps they could add a couple more modern choices to the menu. The rooms are very well eqiped Being in central Worcster it is easy to visit places of interest in the city on foot. I didn't hear any seagulls and although the hotel is near the station you don't hear trains.
The leisure staff are very helpful but the leisure centre could do with some paint and a face lift. Please coould a spinner for wet costumes be installed ? Charges for car parking are being introduced, being disabled it was good to have a sapce reserved, but that will also carry a charge but I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank just0ne
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
I was delighted to read your review of the hotel and to see that you enjoyed your stay; I will certainly pass your comments onto the team. I note your feedback about the leisure club and am pleased to advise you that it is on our maintenance schedule for redecoration within the next two months. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your next visit to Worcester.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Had a lovely weekend with two friends. Enjoyed the sauna and Pool but would be nice to have dressing gown available and more towels. Staff very helpful and friendly. great location just a step away from shops and restaurants. If I go again I will take a catapult to kill those .......seagulls, they were really awful so noisy all night and I am not a light sleeper. Apart from that room comfortable and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hollybank235
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I was sorry to read however, that your sleep was marred by the noise of the seagulls. I have been assured by the local authority that there are plans in place to erradicate this issue. Thank you for taking the time to 'post' your feedback and I hope that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is the seventth time I have stayed in this hotel, paid for by my business. Rooms are clean and well equipped and breakfast copious. However, I am always told the air conditioning is waiting to be fixed. As the windows cannot be opened, the electric fan provided is not really efficient enough to remedy the airless feel of the rooms. It is worse in summer when the heat is very uncomfortable.
Another problem is the noise guests make in the bar past the hour of 11 pm (by law, the premises should be quiet during night time hours of 11 pm to 7 am). A rowdy party stayed in the bar well past 1 am during my overnight stay and continued to show complete disregard towards hotel guests in spite of being asked to keep the noise down by staff. My room overlooked the foyer area with the consequence that I could only get to sleep WHEN the revellers decided to go up to their rooms. I had to attend an important business meeting the next morning and felt very tired and unwell as a result. Staff need to be trained in being more assertive to tackle this kind of anti social behaviour. Not the standard of a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the foyer
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Poudreuse
Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback. I apologise for the lack of air conditioning in the bedrooms and I can assure you that the problem is being investigated with a view to rectifying the situation. Unfortunately, this is not as straightforward as it would seem and is taking longer than originally anticipated. I am also sorry that you were inconvenienced by some of our other residents and had a disturbed sleep. I note that you have stayed with us on several occasions and do hope that you will give us the opportunity of a return visit when we will endeavour to ensure that your stay is not disturbed.