“Excellent value for money, great location, very nice room & ensuite bathroom.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worcester
Great Western Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Midlands
“Excellent value for money, great location, very nice room & ensuite bathroom.”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Stayed at The Great Western on a Saturday night when staying in Worcester. It was a late decision to go there but when trying to book a room online it seemed The Great Western was the only place with availability, so i did have my doubts about it really.

When we checked-in the staff seemed friendly, helpful & ordered us a taxi (that was very cheap) for the short ride into town. The double room that was booked was large with plenty of space, the ensuite bathroom was modern clean & roomy, the bedroom looked like it had recently been decorated & was also very nice. Not sure what time the usual check-out time is but we left after midday on the Sunday & that didnt seem to be a problem. The Hotel is located about a 10-15 minute walk to the city centre & is exactly opposite Shrub Hill Railway Station. I can't comment on the restaurant as we only booked room only or anything else about the hotel as really we only used our room during the stay. The Hotels good points are the location, excellent value for money, free parking on site (if you stay at the Travelodge it costs the best part of £10/night at the NCP? car park next door), the staff, the room & ensuite bathroom were very nice. The hotels bad points (i'm being very very picky now) was only one cup & saucer in a double room (we didn't notice till when we came to make a drink in the morning) & the bedside cabinets had a little bit of dust on them.

I stay in Worcester fairly often & usually head for the Travelodge but the next time i stay i will definitely stay in The Great Western again. Overall 9/10.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
birmingham
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This hotel is a great find! Just been refurbish to a high standard very friendly land lady
There’s a snooker hall just a cross the road cheap food, and drinks
A locked car park at night with CCTV, so my tools are safe. There is a fitness centre over the road, not this time I will return on my next visit
To Worcester.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
wunderdad
Reviewed March 23, 2009

stayed here for a few nights last week whilst working in worcester. Great b and b service. the lady told me the place had just re-opened under new management. room was spotless - which I guess you'd expect if it had just re-opened. by far the cheapest place of any quality that I,ve stayed in worcester - forty quid plus breakfarst!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Near London, England
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Stayed here for one Saturday night... got there early and was greeted by very friendly reception staff... they had just bought new bedside lamps for the room we were staying in and were about to take them up, so they showed me the way - luckily my room was ready! First impressions: very good :-)
Would have been nice to have a bath, but was shower only, and it wasn't very powerful. Also, I couldn't close the bathroom window, so it was fairly chilly when I was drying off. When I went downstairs to meet my boyfriend, who arrived later, a member of staff seemed to stare at us disapprovingly, although not really sure why!
The bed was quite uncomfortable and the disapproving woman from the day before served us breakfast - we tried to be pleasant but she really couldn't smile, which made us feel unwelcome. Don't think £75 per night is very reasonable - maybe £50-£60 would have been more accurate.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank Spacevamp
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 7, 2003

Visited Weekend 28 NOV 2003 Hotel Spotlessly Clean STAFF FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL Bedrooms spotlesly clean with good facilities BREAKFAST WAS GOOD Breakfast staff were polite and friendly Cleaning staff were polite and did great job Exelent value for money would use again