“Ok for a quick meal if you can't be bothered to cook!”
Review of The Ketch

Ranked #288 of 371 Restaurants in Worcester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The main plus point is the improved decor after the fire last year. The staff are friendly and helpful but the carvery is fairly poor especially compared to the Toby at Quinton, Birmingham. Veggie choice was limited and the cabbage was so dried up it was inedible. Meat portions were ok and the yorkshire pud was nice. There were no boiled potatoes, just mash or roasties. the roasties were nice but some parsnips would have been good too. We had vouchers which enabled us to have virtually free soup for a starter. It wasn't the best Carrot and Coriander I've had but then I make a lot of soup myself so you do get spoilt! What astounded me the most was the dried up slice of sliced white bread served with the soup!!!! Come on Toby carvery you can get better than that in a transport cafe!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

For six pounds on weekdays the best carvery. consistent good food. The increase in price for Sunday is a bit hard to swallow with no change in quantity or menu but overall a clean comfortable experience.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hardly any staff, incapable of producing all items of breakfast simultaneously and what was produced was horrible. Tea and Coffee ran out, took ages to replenish and was luke warm. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

4  Thank someoneorother
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was intending to take 4 family members to the Toby Carvery (The Marlbrook in Bromsgrove) for breakfast, however as I has to collect a family member from Worcester went to the Ketch instead, a big mistake!!
We arrived at 10:15am & paid for full breakfasts with unlimited Tea/coffee. The others went up to get their breakfast items & I went for coffee first, but had to wait a little while as the jug of filtered coffee had run out. When I got to the breakfast dishes they had run out of potato rosti, bacon & sausages & only 2 of my party were able to get full breakfasts. The other just 2 fried eggs & 1 potato rosti .One of the staff members said it would be at least 20 mins before they started cooking fresh items & suggested we all asked for our money back. The problem was one member of my party had already had a full plate, the other a small breakfast & the third wanted to eat and was so hungry he just ate 2 fried eggs & 1 potato rosti!. Three of us therefore went hungry .My daughter had filtered coffee & said it tasted awful ;I tried mine –It was stewed & very weak, not up to the usual standard .We went to the till & got our money back for 3 Breakfasts .The only good thing about this experience was the excellent customer service skill /friendliness of 1staff member who explained that they had to throw food away the day before as the expected influx of people from the nearby car boot sale had not materialised .I am surprised however that for Bank Holiday Monday not enough food was on hand ?! I also noticed that there was a car boot sale on@ the nearby Ketch .We had to wait for 2 family members to finish their breakfasts, but my daughter only had a small breakfast with 1 sausage & could not get any more as there was non available. This is really poor service when Breakfast is advertised as being available till11:00am .After we left we had to find a place that still served breakfast from10:40 am, but the occasion was ruined as 2 were already partly fed.

Avoid!

2  Thank GPTLebu
Reviewed March 4, 2013

this is a Toby Carvery, had not been back for several months due to the below average quality of vegetables until today. What a pleasant surprise- good choice & quality of meats & veg not dried out !. SO keep this up & i will return again