“It's a Pizza Express!”

Pizza Express
Ranked #70 of 341 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester
“It's a Pizza Express!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well it's a Pizza Express so you pretty much know what you're going to get. But it's a good one - the staff are very friendly and helpful; we usually turn up with two pushchairs needing two highchairs and it never phases them. I personally think the brand is the best of the more common chains but that's a comment re the brand not that specific restaurant. It looks out across the roundabout at the cathedral so it's in a nice spot. Been lots and would recommend it.

Visited December 2012

Worcester
“Average food, average night - Used Taste Card”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Pizza Express has been in our town for some time now - Super thrifty as I am, I had never been tempted to try the place before - until my one month free trial 'Taste Card' arrived in the post and I realised that it is basically the only place in the city I can use it!!

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I presented my taste card and asked to confirm they would accept it for our booking (as stipulated on the card). The staff member was unsure and had to sift through a massive A4 wallet identifying which vouchers, coupons, cards and deals the restaurant accepts. By the time he located the offer, most people had clocked the cheap skates waiting at the door and we felt a little embarrassed!

We took our seats in the corner of the restaurant and ordered some drinks. Only when the bill arrived did we realise that I had asked for 'House White' and been charged for the next one up. I decided not to quibble as we had already had one issue with our bill and I didn't like to be a nuisance - Our waitress was really nice.

The food arrived very quickly, but it was fairly substandard. We both ordered from the 'super thin' Romanio range as we both enjoy a thin and crispy base. The bases are very thin indeed, but very soggy (bad sauce:base ratio) - Probably wouldn't recommend. The quality of the ingredients seemed kinda average too. My boyfriend is a pizza chef at a slightly less 'up market' Italian food chain and, honestly, we both said the quality of their ingredients seems more impressive - And have a better taste. I think everything at Pizza Express is just a little bland!

We opted for desert. My boyfriends Banoffee Pie seemed a little tasteless again. I ordered an Espresso with Nutella Dough Balls. It was a little disappointing as the dough balls were unsweetened and the Nutella was served separately to dip yourself.

The coffee was lovely though!

Overall, the best part of the food was the presentation - everything really did look lovely when it was brought out.

Our waitress was very nice and pretty attentive - Can't really fault the service!

In the end, the desert that I had chosen was excluded from the 50% Taste Card offer, so I would recommend checking everything you want to order - Although, on this instance, the waitress and manager were kind enough to deduct the desert anyway! :-)

Even with the 50% off, the food bill still came close to £20 - which still seemed over priced for the kind of food they serve. I don't think that I would be content with a £50 total bill for 2 people to have this meal.

• Visited February 2013
“Not worth to go”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

After all on the way back home I was angry,hungry and empty.
Pizza size is a total joke the smaller I ever seen in my life for this price.Too much noise I didn't even heard what my wife talk to me....huge disappointment....one word don't go or go if you want to loose some weight

1 Thank lukoi
Birmingham
“OK, but!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friend and I visited this restaurant for lunch yesterday, as she had received £40 in vouchers from Tesco. The food was alright, although our pizzas were cold by the time we had finished them (although this is probably because it was a cold day and the temperature inside the restaurant was not particularly high). When ordering our drinks, we asked for a bottle of their house wine, which we assumed was the Sicilian Chardonnay which was priced at £13.50. When we were presented with our bill, we saw that they had charged us £16.50 (ie for the Pinot Grigio!) The wine had, indeed, been quite nice but unfortunately we had not scrutinised the bottle when it arrived! When we queried why we had been charged for (and presumably given), the Pinot Grigio, the waitress announced that this was, in fact, the 'house wine'. Strange, it has always been my understanding that the house wine is the cheapest. If we had been informed of this, we would have insisted that we wanted the cheapest wine (both living on a state pension). I looked at their website and this did state that the Pinot Grigio was their 'recommended' wine. Is this the same as their 'house' wine? All a bit misleading, in my opinion! This did spoil our experience somewhat and I doubt that we would rush back there again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank PatsyBirmingham
Marches
“Easy, convenient, reliable - worth keeping in mind”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The service was welcoming and friendly; the food was good, and we enjoyed our visit. Well located for visits to Worcester and worth keeping in mind.

• Visited December 2012