“Very comprehensive display of lovely pieces”

Museum of Royal Worcester
Ranked #6 of 54 things to do in Worcester
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We did the audio tour of the two storey museum. Some wonderful pieces and incredible workmanship and the commentary was also an interesting social history. Took maybe 80-90 minutes.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I visited the museum with my mother and brother. The staff who looked after us made us tea and even gave us a mince pie as it was Christmas!
The museum is refreshingly bright and well presented with audio tours included in the entry fee.
The range of porcelain from the earliest production to the recent past was incredible. The explanations of the processes were good and assisted in understanding and appreciating the works on show.
There was an activity centre on the top floor of the museum for kids to experience various processes in production.
A great museum, easy to enjoy regardless of your level of knowledge of porcelain.

1  Thank Johnsculptor
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This is nothing more than a tourist attraction rather than a real history I live here & wouldn't bother going again !

Reviewed November 19, 2013

A superb collection of examples of Worcester porcelain from the beginning in the 1750s right up to the closure of the factory in 2008. There are explanatory panels for the display cases and laminated sheets with basic information about individual pieces but not all cases are labelled nor all pieces identified; most enjoyment comes to those with some knowledge, even if it just from watching a lot of 'Antiques Roadshow'. It took my mother and I over two hours to enjoy the riches on display.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you have any interest in Royal Worcester this is unmissable, even if you have only a general interest or perhaps not any in pottery then a visit to this museum is sure to please. The information provided by the carry it yourself audio guide is good which is just as well as my only criticism is that the guides to the many thousands of objects displayed seem incomplete and as far as I cold work out there was only one copy provided in every room. However, the collections (arranged chronologically) are simply dazzling. I spent two hours there and was asked very politely to leave at just after 4.00 pm (short winter opening hours). Sadly it was my last day in the city so I couldn't return but will definitely hope to do so again soon;. £6 adult admission might seem a bit pricey but it is a unique collection.