“Nice themed restaurant on edge of town centre”
Review of Detroits - CLOSED

Detroits
Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full American dining experience... Book you table or party with us now!
Hereford
“Nice themed restaurant on edge of town centre”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I drive past this restaurant regularly and with no Hard Rock nearby, my Wife is a fan, and loving American diner food we decided to visit. The place on a Thursday lunchtime was quiet so had no trouble getting a window seat. Place was very clean, surprised at relative small choice of food and in particular beers, however the burger and ribs were excellent, as was my Wife's desert. The best ribs we have had in the UK, often dry or not much meat, not here, pulled off the bone and melted in the mouth. Service friendly and non invasive but attentive - got the balance right between keeping out of the way whilst being available if needed. Music was classic rock and roll forming nice backdrop to the lunch. We managed to drive and park in their small car park however large public long stay is very near.

They have various offers on week days plus theme nights, like to do one of these.

Hope they have continued success as nice to have this type of restaurant nearby. Think its a good night out starting place or place to go for a group meal or night out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Carl_b77

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Pretty bad - I wouldn't go again”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This restaurant is really close to my place of work, and I lived in Detroit, USA for many years, so I really wanted to be a great place to eat. What a disappointment!
The first time that I went my husband was served meat that was raw in the middle, but the waitress said she didn't know what to do, and when I suggested getting the manager might be a good idea, he insisted that it was impossible that the meat was undercooked as it had been cooked for ages.
On the second occasion, we tried breakfast at Detroits, but the service was slow, and the food disappointing. Basically, it's overpriced American food done badly, and there are many better restaurants in Worcester where you could have a better time for less.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Shinypurple
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday lunchtime. Myself and my girlfriend popped in last year on the way to Malvern for a milkshake and said we would return to try the food as it looked like it would be really good. We both had strawberry milkshakes which were very sickly and appeared to be made up of milk and strawberry sauce topped with squirty cream. Hardly worth the £4 paid. We both had burgers and chips as there wasn't much else that was standing out on the menu. These were both very plain and boring, with very cheap tasting half cold chips, hoping to have been offered a burger relish or sauce we were only given red sauce and mayo. Although the staff were very smiley and helpful after paying £32 for 2 burgers and 2 milkshakes that were both of very poor quality I'd have rather gone to a weatherspoons and had a better meal for a fraction of the price. Such a shame as this place really has the potential to be really great. I will only return again if they start producing better quality food and expand the menu to make it more of an American diner that it should be.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Hazbmx
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This place could be so good but is terribly let down by slow service and poor quality food.

Having waiting nearly 40 minutes in what was a very empty diner my family and I were very disappointed to receive sub standard food - ribs seemed as if they had been reheated, very dry and tasteless, steak sandwich was very gristly and the bun was dried out, kids said burgers were 'chewy'. We're not foodies by any means but felt that everything seemed high priced but low budget (£3.50 for a side order of what seem very much like supermarket bought frozen fries!) and everything was very badly presented...all but the decor seems cheaply done, right down to the economy table condiments!

Such a shame as the place could be so much more than it is and could certainly fill a gap in the Worcester market.

We were offered a 50% discount if we returned but I'm sad to say that even half price would be paying too much for the food we had and alas will be looking for our burgers and fries elsewhere.

2 Thank Mjobbo
“Ignore the bad reviews ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday morning I decided to take my 2 young children out for breakfast and decided on detriots. We were sat and waited on by a lovely waitress who was very attentive and seemed very cheerful and happy, myself had the superman breakfast which was really good and my children had pancakes which they enjoyed. Will definitely be returning