“not as bad as people say!”
Review of Detroits - CLOSED

Detroits
Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Full American dining experience... Book you table or party with us now!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

after reading reviews i was expecting the worse and came away pleasantly satisfied. The service is, as described pretty terrible, the waitresses are not trained properly and have no idea what food they are actually bringing out to you. but the food itself was nice in my opinion. I had chicken burger which was fresh, not greasy and very tasty. We were a party of 11 and all food came out together and hot. The drinks were extortionate and the beer is rubbish - the worst bit about the place - but on the whole i enjoyed it. They brought a cake out for my friend whose birthday it was and sang happy birthday - a nice touch i thought. wouldn't rule it out.

1  Thank Annie D

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This would be the All American diner experience if there was efficient service, the staff were friendly, the Coke tasted of Coke, the portions were a decent size and the price was halved.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

For my daughter's 11th birthday on 2nd November we took her sister and two friends for a lunchtime treat. The staff were very welcoming and when they found out it was her birthday brought over some balloons to decorate the table and even did a birthday announcement. The girls had the children's meals and we couldn't believe how big they were. They struggled to finish them. For pudding they shared the giant bowl of ice cream and sweets and again we were amazed by the quantity and quality. The waiter checked on us several times to see if we were happy with the meal and to top up our unlimited drinks. We enjoyed taking some great photos of this unique restaurant and my daughter had a great birthday treat! She has already told me it's where she wants to come again next birthday and the friends she brought along said exactly the same.

3  Thank PenfoldPT
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I can’t understand the reviews below – from my multiple experiences at Detroits, it is a fantastic and unique restaurant, with a unbeatable atmosphere!

From the fantastic retro Americana diner interior to the authentic 50s American outfits worn by the staff and not forgetting Happy Days playing on a big screen – nothing can beat this place!
While the menu may be seen as limited – it is everything you would expect from a real American diner – burgers, ribs, steak and fantastic salads for the weight conscious.

The food is fresh and made from local produce (you would never get that from a chain) and nothing is boil in the bag or microwave special! You can taste it in the burgers and the steaks especially. Having lived in countries who know how to cook a good steak (South Africa being one of them), I can tell you that the meat here is well above average for a restaurant in the UK!
I have never had a bad meal here – Just don’t go here expecting Frankie and Benny’s or TGI Friday’s low price and low quality, because you just can’t compare them!

The staff are friendly and always seem to be wearing a smile – though in fairness, so would I, if I worked here – but I am in love with the 1950s, so I would be in my element!

In short:
Atmosphere = 10/10
Menu choice = 7/ 10
Price = 8/10
Quality of food = 10/10
Value = 9/10
Service = 9/10

Overall = Highly recommended!

3  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Actually the worst resturant I have ever been to. The staff were lazy, the food was awful (the burgers were Sooo greasy, I think they were deep fried) and the sharer deserts are just cheap vanilla ice cream and spray cream.

2  Thank Tabbybell