“Best Italian meal we've had for a long time”
Review of Galleria Italiana

Galleria Italiana
Ranked #3 of 351 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant. Pasta, pizza, specials and gluten free options
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were just in Worcester for the weekend and were delighted to find this place. The staff were delightful - very friendly and welcoming, and the service was very attentive. But most of all the food was first class - truly authentic and cooked to perfection. It's worth coming to Worcester just to eat here!

1  Thank paulandozzie
galleria9, Owner at Galleria Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Reviewer. What a great compliment. We at Galleria try our very best to make sure you have a enjoyable evening. My head chef will always try and experiment with different ingredients and my waiters try and take care of you.
We look forward to seeing you again when your next in Worcester.
Once again thank you.

There are newer reviews for Galleria Italiana

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We dined at Galleria on Thursday evening before going to the cinema. We both had the daily special Penne Pollo Toscan which was amazing. My husand requested more chilli which was easily accommodated and I had it as it came. Delicious!!!! The service was good and the atmosphere was buzzing. Great start to a enjoyable evening.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Glad you enjoy your pasta. We love putting different pasta on our specials. Thank you for your continued support and it makes my job more pleasant when i see repeat custom.
Once again thank you

Reviewed July 5, 2014

we booked in advance and were looking forward to a nice meal. On arrival we were directed to a tiny table directly next to a table of 10 albeit the restaurant was half empty. Asked to move. Clearly pointless booking. Starter consisted of 80% cheap tasteless olives. Pizza was poor with little seasoning and flavour. Asked for chillis and was given a small bowl of dried chilli flakes. on complaining about the food the manager was disinterested and told us the fresh chilis were still 'marinading' - fresh chillis just need chopping - not too difficult! We asked the Polish waitress (no Italians work here despite the name) as to whether she liked the town and she responded in a surly manner. Would not visit again or recommend anyone else to.

4  Thank Donna943
galleria9, Owner at Galleria Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. I must say that i am baffled by your review, 1. By all your points and 2. your scoring doesn't make a lot of sense.
I will try and understand and clear up your points
You booked a table because that gaurantees you a table, when we get full. Thats how it works. If a customer isn't happy about a table we will try and move them which we did. 80% of our tables in the restaurant are two's, they are all the same size big enough for main plate, side plate, bottles, glasses, flower vase, napkins and cutlery, any bigger then we call that a table for four.
You mention "no Italians work here " well apart from the head chef, his sous chef, Gianluca, (who actually served you and arrived from Italy a year ago) his brother, my son and myself then no. My waitress is polish, but you walk in most of the restaurant you will find other nationalities working there.
You asked for chili from our waiter Gianluca, As his English is not perfect he brought you dried chili. Now when you spoke to me about the chlli i told you that our chili had been used up and in a marinade and apologised for our mistake.. You were happy and i thought understood. We actually spoke for about 7-8 minutes, which you kept bringing up a competitor, which i thought was odd.( but now understand).
Now to your scoring you gave us below average, and your review said your starter consisted of 80% cheap tasteless olives. 80%?.WOW that's a lot of olives. Did you manage to see anything else? why did you not say anything? i'm sure most other customers would have sent it back.
We make all our pizza dough on the premises and get compliments on how good they are. But when i do my check backs as i do with all my customer why didn't you say anything instead of chatting as if you were happy? By the way you had eaten all the pizza.
If you want to discuss anything else then please contact me direct and i will be happy to answer your question

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I would say this is my favourite Italian. The restaurant always has a great atmosphere, always busy. The staff are friendly with a hands on approach from the owner. Most importantly the food is excellent. Everything tastes fresh, which in Italian cooking is a must. I've enjoyed meals here with just my wife and with family and friends. A venue which is suitable for all. Highly recommended.

galleria9, Owner at Galleria Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for your continued support. This is a very difficult business to be in but I love every minute of it, I have a great team of people who work extremely hard and I consider myself as part of that team. We look forward to seeing you again, Kind regards Galleria Italiana

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good fresh food, pasta perfectly cooked al dente, best panna cotta in the world, (and I've tried a few) attentive service with a smile,so glad we're moving back to Worcester. A new local favourite!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. At Galleria our food is cooked fresh and we always like to serve pasta al dente. Thank you for your compliments on the panna cotta which is made in house by our Chefs. We look forward to seeing you again, kind regards Galleria Italiana