“Easter at Ye Olde Talbot, Worcester”
Review of Ye Olde Talbot

Ye Olde Talbot
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent two extremely enjoyable nights at Ye Olde Talbot over Easter. From the moment I walked into reception I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. Sophie greeted me and explained about the parking arrangements.My room was in the 14th century part of the hotel which once belonged to the Cathedral. I just loved the wonky uneven floors in my room and the way the dressing table slanted at a jaunty angle. Genuine oak beams and original features all added to the charm. Ideally situated opposite the Cathedral and only a couple of minutes walk from a large shopping centre. Peaceful despite being so close to the centre. The breakfast met the usual high standard I have come to expect from Old English Inns. I will certainly return in the future and hope to stay longer as the hotel, staff and location ticked all my boxes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank-you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed the features that make us proud to be an Olde English Inn, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were made to wait for what seemed like ages at reception after pressing the buzzer several times and being ignored.We were given room 6.Finding the room was like entering a rabbit warren,but I understand the hotel is old and quirky.The room was rather drab and dated...the furniture looks like it's been there since the 13th century! That said it looked tidy enough.Bathroom is quite big and seems cleanish although bath looks a bit grubby but that may be because it's old and used.Service at the bar was appalling..we left to go to another pub but unfortunately came back for dinner.The waitress was embarrassingly rude,obnoxious,had a terrible attitude and unhelpful.I understand they are badly understaffed but as a paying customer that is not my problem.The second waitress was however very friendly and I wished she had served us from the start.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bonkers76
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recent stay .
First of all let me apologise for your very disappointing stay its not what I have come to expect from my team.
I am taking the necessary action to rectify the problems you received as I never want anybody to experience what you did.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Situated at the Cathedral end of the main street, the hotel is certainly Ye Olde, room was ok and warm but the bathroom needed some bleach as there was mould behind the bath taps.
Nothing usualy wakes me, however the bins being emptied at about 6am was so noisy they did!
I expected some road noise as per it's location but this was a bit much!
Breakfast was good. Overall, value for money accomodation. Parking is in the public multistorey next door and a discount was applied by the hotel making it only about £6 per night.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the road
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Old Talbot is a really good hotel, food and service was great but is noisy from about 6am.
Apart from this minor problem we had a great stay.The location was excellent, right opposite the Cathedral and with walking distance of the city centre.

Room Tip: Excellent Hotel and location. Parking is a bit of a problem and early morning traffic noise wakes y...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your comments I will pass them onto all the team. We hope you will choose us again for your next visit to Worcester

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Been here several times as live nearby, it is perfect for a pre-film drink as it is opposite the cinema or perfect to start/end your night out. Have been here for food many times and it is always good service and high quality food. Prices are good and the landlords choice ale is great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the Ye Olde Talbot Hotel

I will pass all your kind comments onto the staff as they will be pleased to hear your feedback and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Richard and the team.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our 2 day stay hear was fine. The hotel is not exceptional but is very well situated near to the cathedral, pubs, restaurants and shops. The room and the bed were clean and comfortable but the bathroom was in need of some maintenance.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I left a pair of spectacles behind and they were posted back to me by return.
The breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Another wonderful Old English Inn, right in the heart of beautiful Worester. Opposite the wonderful Cathedral, close the the Commandary, and all local attractions and shopping centre.
A special £14.95 pppn deal. We had a lovely double room, very nicely decorated, lovely large bathroom. All facilities, free wi fi.
Excellent breakfast, choices first class. Bar meals are excellent and very good value. Room service no extra charge.
Fantastically charming, helpful and polite staff.
Cannot find fault. Highly recommended. Wonderful place to stay and enjoy Worcester and the surrounding area.

1  Thank gillian s