“Fantastic accomodation & fantastic service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Henwick House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 31 Worcester B&B and Inns
Warnham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic accomodation & fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were going to the beef expo 2013 at Malvern show ground. What an exquisite place. We had the superior log cabin in the garden, it was spotlessly clean & very, very comfortable. We loved that it was so quiet. The other 2 people had 2 single rooms in the house & their opinion was the same as ours. Breakfast was very filling & very tasty. Our hosts were very friendly & hospitable. Ideal location if you are visiting the show ground. The pub in the village is very good, with great food & a lovely landlady (Sue). Would thoroghly recommend & will be definately coming back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nixnsteve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

A little off the beaten track just outside Worcester at the start of Callow End, but quite easy to find, just be aware there is no signpost marking the property, just a discreet brown sign with B&B written on it hidden behind lots of greenery. The lady of the house is a female 'Basil Fawlty, in the making, but her husband does make up for her dour character with a friendly smile and a great breakfast, very attentive gentleman. Rooms are clean and well equipped with TV, complimentary tea and coffee. Yes she has put lots of 'DO NOT' signs up and manages the parking with an Iron fist, but I can not really say it bothered us, after all we can't all be happy, some of us have B&B's to run after all! Would stay here again and whilst not the cheapest not bad for the price. Cybil, Cybil.... Where zee bill? :))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrJohn001
Axminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong here for me.

The room was in a log cabin in the garden, had I been alone, which I frequently am, I would have felt uncomfortable staying there. The room was clean, the tea and coffee making facilities had an excellent choice, there was a fridge in the room, there was a sofa to relax on. The bed wasn't terribly comfortable, the bedding was not of particularly good quality and the shower room was tiny though adequate.

The room was littered with notices saying "don't do this and don't do that", breakfast - which was excellent and cooked to order - was only available from 7.30 to 8.30; it kind of left me feeling that this doesn't really fit with my idea of "hospitality business" and that I was a necessary inconvenience.

I thought it was expensive for what was on offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank awayagainDevon
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

On arrival at this expensive B&B, £89 for the room + B/Fast (I've booked 4* hotels for less) at just after 8pm,( check in was given as between 4pm -10pm) there was no one about to check us in and no signs inside the lobby to direct us as what to do. I resorted to phoning the hotel whilst stood inside its lobby. Some 5 mins later a lady who introduced herself with the words "I'm Dawn you'll have to put up with me" , no welcome, no smile, it seemed we were interrupting what else she had to do and then proceeded to take us back out of the lobby and outside around the back of the house to a built on extension. The room tho' finished to a good standard of décor was "Tiny" with a capital "T". On entering thro' the front door of the room into a small porch in which there was a tall wardrobe, my wife had barely stepped into the room when she was told rather gruffly to be polite, "to close the front door" as this Dawn lady wanted to keep the heat into the room . The main body of the room measured barely 10' x 10' in which a double bed two side tables and two chairs filled the room. On the window side of the bed there was barely 12" between the bed and the wall making turning round virtually impossible. The on-suite in the room measured 8' x 2'.6" and with a shower, toilet and small washing basin there was barely room to move inn it without keeping the door open. The bed was hard and lumpy and had seen better days. Breakfast was good and well cooked. All in all without knowing what the other rooms were like altho' a number of them seemed to consist of wood cabins in an extensive back garden, I would not recommend either the room 3 to anyone who is not nimble and or athletic or this establishment as being good value for money or being made to feel welcome. I wonder why people like this woman who clearly don't like other people go into this sort of business ?

Room Tip: avoid room 3 and the wood cabins in the back garden
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John O
Essex, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed with two other couples and Henwick House suited us it had the capacity to provide us with three rooms, and was convenient to Great Malvern our destination for the weekend. All of us were very happy with the accommodation. Our room in the house was smartly decorated and very comfortable with a large double bed. Our friends were accommodated in a cabin outside and a room at the rear of the house opening to the garden respectively. The cabin in particular was very cosy. The small lounge was very useful when we wanted to get together. The large garden had patio areas and a wonderful view over towards Worcester.

Room Tip: Its worth going for the superior rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heraldthewake
Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Accomodation set in lovely area overlooking the Malverns. Very casual and friendly staff, who were very helpful. Did not have breakfast as had a early start but the smell from the kitchen, when I passed, made me very hungry.

Room Tip: Although travelling on my own, had a twin bedded room. This would have been small for two people...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lesleyj_morgan
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The house is very nice and the room we had was fine, but as you can see in other reviews here, your stay can be tainted by the attitude of the landlady. My son booked this for me as a treat, and it isn't the easiest place to find; something saying 'Henwick House' on the main road rather than just 'B&B' would be helpful.
I didn't know whether my son had already paid, so I asked and had to pay myself. It later turned out that he had paid. He rang to explain when we were all out the next evening, and then at breakfast next day, nothing was mentioned and we were leaving early, so I said that there seemed to be an error and we had paid twice...."No you didn't" was the response with any apology totally absent in words or tone. The argument was that they had not immediately charged his card so it was fine to take cash from me! I did get my cash already prepared in an envelope but I did get it think that it was all my fault.
When we first arrived we asked about times for breakfast the next day. It didn't start until 8:30am and so we said that we would have to miss it as we needed to leave by that time. Kindly, the landlady offered to start breakfast at 8am so that we could have breakfast which was great. Unfortunately, the next morning she greeted us by complaining how getting up 30 minutes earlier was ruining her day and how hard it was for her 365 days a year. The gesture of preparing breakfast early for us was undermined further when we said we would have the full English. She knew we had to leave by 8:30 and said that it would take 20 minutes to prepare (she had spent the first 5 minutes since 8am opening up, etc) so we had to have just poached eggs.
The landlady is clearly not suited to the role of the welcoming host, and seems to begrudge guests interfering in her day, even when they have paid £70 for that privlege.

Room Tip: We had Room 5 which was nice only had patio doors on the ground floor and so no window to leave open...
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Malcolm M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worcester
The Crown
Diglis House Hotel
Diglis House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Worcester
Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel

Been to Henwick House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!