“The Best B&B in Worcester!”

and 1 more site!
Henwick House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 28 Worcester B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Very friendly owners, clean, GREAT breakfast, quiet setting. Definitely consider if you need a bed and breakfast in the Worcester area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SPrice1
There are newer reviews for Henwick House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 3, 2011

My partner and I stayed at henwick house for the easter break this year,found henwick house on trip advisor and glad we did. What a gorgious country hide away! Dawn and her husband John were very welcoming and helpfull. Our room which was the worcester lodge was extremely clean and comfortable,and what a view! Right across the fields over to worcster.It was so peacefull,just birds singing. It was lovely having an outside seating area too so we could have a coffee and admire the view in the sunshine.The breakfasts are great,more than enough to keep you going best part of the day. There is a lovely pub serving food about half a mile down the road (20 min walk) but make sure to take torches if walking back at night as its very dark and cars do go up and down the main road.All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this b&b and I have done to any one who will listen.One day we will go back thats for sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debsly39
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Spent a full day driving up to and then climbing the Malvern Hills with my two daughters and my brother and niece. Booked Henwick House as was nearby and one of the few that offered the flexible accommodation that would suit the five of us.

Arrived just after 4pm and on ringing the bell was "greeted" by the landlady who just looked at us with an air of disdain and distance. I explained that I had made a reservation and she stared at my brother quizically asking whether we were together (I wonder whether she was struck by the worst fear of all Daily Mail reading reactionary types that inhabit this corner of little England the we were a couple!?). Anyway I explained the set up and attempted to get over the initial uncomfortable interaction with a quip that we appeared to have caught her off-guard, at which point she looked through me into the middle distance.
We were then shown to our accommodation which was in a separate wooden construction away from the main house. Rather than accentuating the positives the landlady (Dawn) continued in combative and unwelcoming terms. A few choice quotes will suffice to tell the story.

"The children need to be careful near the empty pools as if they fall in they will die"

"Don't allow the children near the windows as they will fall on them and kill them"

"The play area is out of bounds after 6pm s the children may disturb the other guests"

"Breakfast is between 8 and 9-15 but we will need to know an exact time you intend to come down"

All of the above was said in a cold, unwelcoming and perfunctory manner. A large and crude poster outside of our accommodation reminded guests that they must depart by 10-30 (comically with a semi transparent sticker stating the 10-30 - in the past it was 11-00 but clearly this was far too relaxed a state of affairs for the inmates sorry guests).

The actual accommodation was good and suited our needs - no complaints at all on that front.

Anyway the following morning breakfast was fine and Dawn's husband was pleasant to us - Dawn however chose to ignore us and was clearly annoyed by the fact that our children got up a coule of times to go to the loo (how dare they!)M

The coup de grace was while we were packing the car and my daughter had the temerity to walk on a wall near the house - Dawn chose to address this obvious health and safety issue by bellowing from an upstairs window " Get down or you will die!" . Now I don't doubt that there may be valid concerns she was expressing, her tone and aggression caused my daughter to be in floods of tears for ten minutes following this.

In summary people in the hospitality industry need to realise that the whole experience can be made by the use of a smile, an expression of warmth and some basic buy-in to the concept of customer service. Sadly all of this was lacking at Henwick House and I won't be troubling them with my hard earned money in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011
13  Thank moomey
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Henwick House has everything that you want from a B & B. Cleanliness, comfort, value, great setting, free parking, free wi-fi, great breakfasts and proprietors who are human, professional and welcoming.

All of this and also one of the best overnight rates in the Worcester area! Can't fault it, so I use it as my first choice place whenever I need to stay in the vicinity.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ladfromleeds
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed there for four nights. The room was spotless, and cleaned every day. Microwave and fridge in the room, with plates and cups/glasses, even bottle opener. Location was great, with just a few minutes drive into Worc's. Free parking. Full English breakfast was fantastic, with all trimmings . Very welcoming hosts, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.. The owners should be very proud of their standards ! excellent .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kevinlyman
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We have just enjoyed a 3 night stay in this lovely B&B. Our room was just fantastic. Comfortable bed, spacious room with ample storgae space. Bathroom was amazing. Very high spec finish but unfortunately no shaver point. Our hosts John & Dawn were very accommodating and should be very pleased of what they have achieved here. The breakfast was sufficient to keep even the hungriest individual full up for many hours. Good selection of cereals, fruit and yogurts and with a full English breakfast too! They can even provide vegetarian sausages for the non meat eaters.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Artfuldodgers
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Only stayed for one night, but we found Henwick House to be ideal. Its absolutely easy to find, only about 5 miles from Junction 7 of the M5, and only 10 minutes from Worcester or Malvern, and yet you feel completely away from it all. Our kids are 10 and 12 and they loved playing football etc. on the enormous lawn at the back (there are swings too for younger kids), also liked the very friendly resident cat and dog. Our family room was in a kind of lodge away from the main house with only one other room and a bit of a buffer so we didn't have to be too worried about the kids being noisy. The room was very clean and comfortable, I think not long built or refurbished, and the shower was great. There is a settee inside the room and a couple of chairs on a terrace outside. It's clear that the couple who run the B&B also own it - there is a real sense of pride in the place and signs of recent work, you can just tell its being upgraded and maintained constantly. And the last thing you get before you leave is a blow-out breakfast which is absolutely great.

One last note - my son left his mobile there. When we went back for it, not only did they have it they had been calling our house to let us know.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family