“Worst Ever”

Ranked #25 of 28 Worcester B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Worst Ever”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This hotel is filthy. The shower pole was hanging off the wall, meaning you had to hold it up whilst trying to shower. Ihad to ask for cups in the room. I wasgiven a tray with 4 cups and glasses,then expected to carry the tray up 2 long flights of stairs myself.When my friends and I went out on the evening, we were not given a key to get back into the hotel. We had to bang on the door for over an hour to no avail. We had to get someone to climb to the top of the building and get through our bedroom window and run down the stairs to let us in. When we told the Manager the next day, he responded with "Are you sure you didn't lose the key" May I point out that the pictures on the internet for this Hotel are False. Most of the rooms have bunkbeds. You dont get a duvet, you get a sleeping bag!! Itsdisgusting. Dont waste your money going there. Believe me!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
SHREWSBURY
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Booked on laterooms. com and didnt really know what to expect. Reviews didnt look great, but just wanted a place to kip following a works night out in Worcester.

The staff were friendly enough, and yes the place could do with a good clean, and attention to detail which would have made the £39 a night fee worth while.

Things like there being no coffee or tea (despite a kettle), yet there were a couple of packets of sugar, and the toilet handle that didnt work, and a cracked basin, summed up the quality of accommodation.

However the view from the window overlooking the Severn was great, and although the traffic is a problem, the 3 a.m. return from my night out, plus alcohol, helped blot it out.

The breakfast and real ale, were excellent.

Parking is an issue, but when I weigfhed this up against my normal layover point in Droitwich, and a taxi, there wasnt much to choose.

Will probably look elsewhere next time, but if you want no fuss accommodation, then give it try.

• Stayed July 2010
Gloucestershire
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Never been before, didn't know the owners nor staff. I arrived early Saturday evening, the staff were very pleasant, the room was inexpensive, clean, tidy, the shower was fine. I constrained myself to the weaker real ale (I'm a real ale fan) which was excellent, 4pts over as many hours was enough for me and I retired to my room, I'm not as young as I was. OK the music was more for the younger generation and it could have been more suited to all age groups present. I went down for breakfast, I learnt breakfast was not included, "that's fine I don't mid paying the extra", (the room was after all inexpensive), breakfast (with 2 T's) was fine and then they also refused payment, I popped down a few hours later to meet a friend in the bar, ordered a coffe (they refused payment). OK the public carpark outside the hotel is pay and disply, it won't stop me from returning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
West Midlands
Reviewed December 4, 2009

The welcome was ok
The building inside and out was shabby and needed lots of maintenance work
The rooms were cold, grubby, tired and even the curtains were falling down
The so called noise from the Saturday night party was unbelievable-your feet vibrated on the carpet in your bedroom. This went on until 3pm in the morning at least.
At one point the police were called due to trouble, as we walked back to the hotel after our evening out you felt very threatened going back into the hotel.
Smoking from the party goers in the hotel.
Surprise, Surprise no one available on Sunday morning to personally speak to concerning the above. Telephone conversation confirmed that if I emailed they would deal with my complaint and a refund - yes you guessed it I have heard nothing and cannot get hold of the relevant person.
We would never go near this hotel again and suggest no one else does.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

London
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Seriously, one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever been to; and I have backed packed round India!
The service was appalling, and the staff were rude. We phoned twice to confirm our booking and yet they still managed to get it wrong. They seemed to think two Men would share a single bed. When we pointed out their error, we were told that there was no-one available who could sort out another room for us and we would have to move to a twin for the moment. The next day they told us they had another single room for us. We checked it out and it was a room with a bunk-bed which couldn't be locked. At this point we demanded a refund for the rest of our stay and they told us they could not refund the card and they would have to send a cheque in the post.
Eventually we got to actually speak to the owner and he sorted out another room for us as he couldn't sort out a refund. Would have much rather moved to another hotel.
So on to the room itself. If you are hoping to get some sleep this is not the hotel for you. The hotel is right by a main road and regularly through the night you will hear kid racers and police cars go by. The room itself is uncomfortable and not particularly clean.
So in short, unless you are looking for something to push you over the edge and commit suicide, please stay clear.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LukeUKLondon
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The 'hotel' is situated upstairs from a grotty looking pub in the middle of the town's one way system. You have to pay for the room before you get to see it, and when I saw the room I could understand why. It was very dated and dingy looking. Mismatched furniture and an old stained carpet. There was no hairdryer or tea/coffee making facilities as described on the website. The noise from the traffic was awfuland went on all night. There was also a lot of noise from people in the pub below. Weekend breakfast was described in room as being until 10am. We went down at 09.20 to find the place deserted. The cook then appeared and told us breakfast finished at 9am on Saturday......This place was the worst place we've stayed at and the price is a rip off when you see the state of it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank millymitch
Home Counties
Reviewed July 23, 2009

A party has just returned from this hotel. There were eight women sharing one room and six men sharing the room above. Every shower taken by the men resulted in water dripping in the ladies' room below!

One evening a handbag (including purse, bank cards, driving licence, etc ) was stolen from the bar area between 1am and 2am whilst the hotel was in a "lock-in". The only persons present were the party in question, the hotel staff and two other guests. The staff "tidied up" the bar area after which the bag was missing.

The hotel management were less than helpful when the loss was discussed with them; when the loss was reported to the Police an officer decscribed the hotel as "not one I would choose to stay at".

The decor looks shabby, curtains hanging out of windows, without one even looking inside.

This hotel should definitely NOT be recommended to anybody!

• Stayed July 2009