“seven view hotel worcester”
Review of Severn View Hotel

and 1 more site!
Severn View Hotel
Ranked #25 of 28 Worcester B&B and Inns
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“seven view hotel worcester”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at. No hot water, no heating, wall paper hanging off walls, ceiling in bathroom mouldy and flaking off , sink had not been cleaned has there was old soap in it, filthy carpets etc.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank graham w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed at Severn View for a night recently in order to attend a family birthday celebration. Having been a bit alarmed by the reviews (read after I had made a last minute booking) I would say that in the main public rooms a great deal had been achieved in a short time by the new management, in terms of cleanliness and appropriate furnishings. My room was simply furnished but clean, and had a lovely view over the River. The furnishings were worn and the en suite shower is in need of refurbishment: I commented that a bedside light would be useful. The staff could not have been more helpful, and when I spoke to him in the morning the Manager said they were about to tackle the bedrooms. I should be interested to stay again in about six months time to see how they have got on. Incidentally (public) parking charges at £6 for 24 hours are very reasonable compared to other car parks in the City.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the River Severn
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Scilla-Jane
Newport
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I am not in the slightest snobby about where i stay as long as the place is clean and tidy, and have slept in many cheap hotels. BUT this place is on another level. The place stank of urine, carpets everywhere were sticky with filth. Bathroom had a hole in the sink and many tiles were smashed to pieces. Plaster was falling off the walls. The shower didnt work and the door didn't lock properly. To be fair the bedding and towels were clean. We refused breakfast as we really didn't want to eat there. To make matters worse the owner was very aggressive and rude to us as we left. Will NEVER go there again- VILE!

Room Tip: Avoid completely!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cara S

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was concerned as I had booked through late rooms and then read the reviews. I called the hotel and they assured me it bwas under new management since November and that they are strugeling to get past the bad reviews from the previous owners.They made us really welcome and couldnt have done enough for us. Our room was very clean nice fresh bedding really soft pillows and great beds. Yes this hotel is in need of some refurb but it is spotless. Breakfast was great quality. Dont be put off by the reviews they are really trying If you are looking for cheaper accommodation in great location for shops and bars you cannot go wrong. We normally stay in city centres in 4 star hotels nand this made a refreshing changento be a nperson and not a room number

Room Tip: We had room 7 which had a double and a single
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lesleymoore
Usk, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My partner and I recently stayed at this hotel, it was a first time stay and for one night only (thank god). Whilst walking towards the hotel we became aware that this hotel was a dive. We were welcomed by a pleasant lady, which was about all the hotel had going for it! We were told our room wasn't ready (even though we arrived well after the time of arrival we had stated), so we waited in the bar area. In conversation the lady explained until 2months ago it was the roughest pub in town before it changed hands so at this point I wasn't expecting much of the room. Then we were shown to our room where the curtains were closed so we couldn't see much, once opened we could see the windows were filthy, inside and out! There were stains on the carpet and also on the side of the bed (as shown in someone else's picture, I didn't have the guts to look at the mattress), ring marks on the bed side table and no tea/coffee making facilities. We then left the room and came back later on in the evening, we came back to a group of lads drinking shots and shouting in the bar and drunkards hanging about outside. The room was absolutely freezing and there was no heating on (December!!), there was a thin duvet on the bed, then when I went to get ready for bed I realised there were no towels! The next morning we couldn't wait to get out and refused our already paid for breakfast, we made our excuses and ran. I'm just angry that I paid to stay there, because really, I wouldn't stay there if someone had paid me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I would like to start off with staying I never write reviews but I am doing this to ensure no else has the shock that I had!!! to start with it cost £6 to park at the hotel.. then we ventured into what I can only describe as a hell hole which I wouldn't even allow a dog to stay in! The place was empty, dark as the lights weren't working and it was absolutely disgusting. Then we were shown the room to find no bed linin on a blood stained and filthy mattress, dirt and grime everywhere, faeces in an unflushed toilet! It was horrific ...i have never seen anything like, is was disgusting, unsafe, unhygienic and the worst hotel ever!!!!! we made a sharp exit and refused to stay any longer than 5 minutes. This place is a health hazard and should not be open!!! Even the manager wasn't suprised that we left .. Which says it all!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have recently stayed at this hotel with my partner and the first time we stayed i was welcomed warmly and the people there were very friendly. We found the room to be homely and very comfortable. We heard they had changed manangment recently and thats is proberly why the other reviews are not as good. We asked for a double room, as they did not have one we was given a triple room at no extra cost. The rooms were clean and resonably priced. It included breakfast which i found to be very nice. The bar staff were friendly and made sure we had a comfortable and relaxing stay. Any issues we had was dealt with promptly. The view out our room window was of the river which was very nice. It is in walking distance of the town and pubs and bars. Over all we had a nice stay and will definatly be returning as we are thinking of making this our little retreat. Ill definatly recommend it

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple