“Testing the water”
other travelers have booked this property
Each luxury lodge has a private patio area with hot tub and barbecue. They're also dog friendly. Quirky wooden walls add to the cabin atmosphere
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Quirky wooden walls add to the cabin atmosphere
Clun patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Testing the water”
Reviewed January 9, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

For my wife's special birthday she wanted a lodge with a hot tub, where she could sit out at night and watch the stars on a cold December night, and it shouldn't be too far from our home.
The Lodges at The Baiting House ticked every box, and then some!
The lodges already have some fantastic reviews on this website and I have to wholeheartedly agree that they are fully deserving.
You check in at the pub, which itself is lovely (separate review for that) and you are allowed to park outside your lodge while you unpack your car, you then park up on the car park specifically for lodge guests at the end of the pathway.
Our lodge was very festive with a tree and garland and the welcome pack was well thought out and very welcome.
The kitchen was well equipped to be able to cook your own meals.
Lovely comfy bed with very nice clean bedding.
As for the hot tub, I did dip my toe and yes it was a lovely hot tub.
What a view of the stars we had too.
Just a pity that my wife had this horrible flu, so we will have to definitely go back.

Jo F
“Mrs ”
Reviewed December 17, 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

Myself and 3 friends stayed here last week and it was sublime from start to finish. The added issue of being snowed in on the day we were due to return home was of no consequence to everyone at The Baiting House. Their warmth and hospitality was second to none. We were delighted by both our evening meal and Sunday lunch.
The lodges themselves are gorgeous and very well equipped and the cherry on the cake...the hot tub!
We will definitely be back again. Loved it. Thank you all so much

c1e
Whiteley, United Kingdom
“I cannot wait to return”
Reviewed November 3, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

These are really the most beautiful lodges.

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights but I wish it was longer.

The lodges are beautifully decorated and finished with some nice little touches - such as a hamper of goodies on arrival. They are clean and cosy and perfectly spacious.

I really enjoyed spending time in the lodge with my partner - we really made the most of it.

The hot tub is definitely a winner. We sat in the hot tub at night looking up at the stars, they were so visable as the area isn't really affected by light polution.

The staff that we encountered throughout our visit were very friendly.

The lodges are very new, and I left a few pieces of feedback with a lady at the pub - very small details - of which she was keen to note down as she said that they are still working on the finishing touches.

My partner and I have agreed that we will visit at least annually for a break as it was the most relaxing break we have ever had!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Phil C
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 29, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Beautiful location, excellent facilities in the lodge where all the little details are taken care of. Highly recommended. Super friendly staff who make sure you get a good guest experience.

Chippy196...
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Lodges”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We recently spent 4 nights at the lodges and it was excellent. Beautiful views and the added bonus of the Baiting House for food. Cannot recommend highly enough we will definitely be back next year. Dog friendly venue which made it perfect for us and our two chihuahuas.

Elizabeth...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Spectacular luxury lodges with hot tub”
Reviewed September 5, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Spectacular lodges in the middle of the country side. Stayed here with my husband for my birthday and we both had an exceptional stay. The lodges are new and very luxurious, kitted out with everything you could ever need or want. The Welcome basket on arrival was the perfect touch, especially the homemade treats for our dog, fresh juices and delicious mini muffins.

Lovely welcome pack with plenty of information about the lodge and places of interest to explore. We both enjoyed the Jacuzzi, it was a truly amazing experience to relax in the evening under the stars whilst enjoying the bubbles! We decided to have a BBQ on both days on our patio surrounded by the stunning views and the baiting house lodges supplied the barbecue tray for us which was a excellent touch.

A couple of points to make it five star plus would be that perhaps the bar staff that checked us in could be a little more forth coming with information, however everyone was very friendly and helpful. Also the lodges may benefit from outdoor heating or firepit on the patio in winter if wanting to enjoy the beautiful surroundings in the evening during the winter months.

If you book one of these lodges you will have the time of your life, a truly unforgettable and relaxing experience. I will be recommending them to my friends and family.

roboneill...
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful relaxing retreat with a great pub on the doorstep”
Reviewed August 14, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed at the lodges last weekend and my family (including a 3 year old and a 1 year old) and the friends who came with us had a great time. We had a fantastic weekend - the location was beautiful, the lodges were very impressive and the pub was a wonderful asset to have so close, especially given Baitfest (the annual beer festival which had beer, music, food and a wonderfully upbeat yet relaxed party atmosphere! All the staff were great and so welcoming to us and the kids it made for a genuinely lovely experience.

Andrew and the team have done a top quality job on the lodges. I had no idea what to expect but when we arrived we and our friends in the other lodge were blown away with the quality of the accommodation and especially the attention to detail with things like the locally sourced snacks, the tea bags, the milk in the fridge and even things like the shower gel and shampoo - the kind of things I often forget! It felt like they had thought of all the little things to put guests' minds at ease and allow them to relax and not worry about going straight out to the shops to stock up on basics!

Our lodge had a hot tub which was great for the kids in the day and the adults in the evening! The accommodation was luxurious and the whole place had a feel of genuine quality but with a lovely bespoke feel which fitted perfectly with the rural setting. It was also really nice to have local produce - meats, snacks etc - in the cupboards of the lodge and local drinks on tap in the pub. It had a great community spirit and everyone was made to feel very welcome.

As a package offering a relaxing getaway with the amenities of a great pub next door with such happy and helpful staff always on hand they have got it pretty much spot on.

We have told so many people about it and we hope to return at the same time next year!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing