“Honestly some of the best burgers I have ever had”
Review of HANBAO

HANBAO
Ranked #29 of 387 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all many thanks to the staff for seating us - a group of 4, 1 in a wheelchair - and going out of their way to help us.

Now onto the food, it is INSANE, burgers were amazing, so much flavour. The same with the loaded fries. Even my veggie friend stated that hers was amazing. Cocktails were presented beautifully too.

Coming from London, I didn't find the prices TOO insane but I can imagine that it is on the pricer side for the area.

PLEASE open a branch in London - it would do so well ;)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on Friday for the third time, we are more impressed with this place every time we visit.

The burger selection is massive and you can just tell all ingredients are great quality.

The selection of sides is also amazing, we try and order something different every time because there’s so many to choose from.

Cocktails are brilliant, some of the best we’ve had.

Some reviews say it’s really expensive but I wouldn’t agree with that at all! It’s decent food and that’s reflected in the cost.

The restaurant itself is super chilled and has a really nice vibe, be prepared to wait for a table but it’s 100% worth it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve just come back from our first visit to Hanbao and we weren’t disappointed. From the moment you walk in you’re made to feel welcome (bearded eye candy aplenty).
The burgers are amazing as are the sides and fries. We’d previously put off going as you couldn’t book but easy to book online now. We’re looking forward to going back

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

I visit fairly regularly (once every 2 months or so), always welcomed at the front door by whoever is working on the bar at the time. Usually quickly seated and drinks order taken promptly. Food is always great here and prices seem to be reasonable and in-line with other burger places around. I will mention the last time we visited they had changed the chicken wings, they seemed smaller and more like your average wing instead of the original huge double wings that were my partners favourite! She was very sad that they had changed! Even so, the rest was delicious as expected and we’ve yet to have a bad experience.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited the other night for a friend's birthday. Worst complaint was the service.. staff themselves (mostly) were friendly, although several were lacking in charisma, but seemed to be badly managed and struggling to cope (even though not every table was taken and there seemed to be lots of staff).
We had booked but had to wait 20 minutes for our table. Also we each ordered a drink while we were waiting to be seated and I accidentally knocked mine over when going to pick it up a) because I'm clumsy and b) the napkin it had been placed on was slightly ruffled up underneath it. It would have been nice for them to have offered to make another one, especially as we were only stood there because our table was late and at £8 a cocktail! But they just weren't interested. Service at the bar was quite cold and unwelcoming which is a shame.
Once seated my friends drinks were taken away but we weren't asked if we wanted any more, it then took ages to order more drinks and when we finally did it took just as long for them to arrive. Trying to grab a waiter's attention was nearly impossible. There appeared to be no one looking after our table that night.
An hour after our table had been booked our food finally arrived.
Food was ok although the patty themselves were bland and dry. Stupidly expensive prices for burgers and some sides.
It is a bit quirky and has a good vibe/interesting decor but for the prices they are charging for 'fast (not so fast!) food' improvement is needed to provide a better customer experience, otherwise we may as well go to Five Guys for half the price!

Date of visit: November 2018
SimonA3411, General Manager at HANBAO, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Weblar,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at HANBAO. I can’t apologise enough for the service you received on your recent visit. I would like you to know that I have communicated your feedback through to my management team, and I will also be addressing the staff in my next meeting about this.

As you can see from our reviews these are not the standards, we hold ourselves to. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it is through feedback like this which helps us learn and develop as a company. If you would like to discuss anything further with me please feel free to contact me on my email. Simon.ashton@hanbao.co.uk
Regards