“Fantastic 4 Weeks Stay With Wonderful Hosts!!”

Cannara Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 Great Malvern B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at Canara’s for 4 weeks as part of my work placement. And Dave and Liz were most welcoming right from day one.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and very confortable. I stayed in more than one rooms during my 4 week stay; all the rooms were nicely decorated, confortable and immaculately clean.

The breakfast was excellent. Being a vegetarian it’s hard to find a B&B that can offer options outside toast, eggs & tomatoes; Dave & Liz were very considerate of this with great vegetarian breakfast served everyday, the pancakes and cakes were excellent.

Liz & Dave are great hosts, very friendly, welcoming and caring. They helped me with where to go and where to eat.

I will miss staying in Canara!!!! Thanks Dave & Liz.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Cannara, Owner at Cannara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Great review thank you. Hope you can come back and see us some time, kind regards Dave and Liz.

There are newer reviews for Cannara Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed with Dave & Liz Fisher at Cannara for 4 nights at the start of a UK holiday.

We found booking very easy and were impressed by the welcome on arrival- with tea and cake served outside (given the weather was good). They outlined the area, sought to help us decide what to do, where to go and where to eat (which included giving us a voucher for 20% off at the local Bluebell Inn- tremendous value).

The rooms had been modernised within the limitations of an old building, were tastefully decorated and very comfortable. We had a front room, but it was sufficiently set back from the road that it was quiet as well.

Breakfast was all that one could ask for and was cooked to order with a wide variety of options. Service was slick and personal. We loved it and as they continue to improve it, surely it can only get better still.

Room Tip: Best located rooms are at the front. We had room 2 which was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to review Cannara B and B in such glowing terms. Kind regards from Dave and Liz.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a perfect short holiday at this wonderful and very hospitable B&B. Our room was large, quiet and comfortable and the location was perfect for walking in the Malvern hills. The owners, Liz and Dave, had plenty of suggestions of routes to walk and places to eat and, as others have pointed out, it is their tremendous warm hospitality that distinguishes Cannara from other B&Bs. We spent most of our time on the top of the Malvern hills trekking around, and in the evening we eat at Benedictos (Italian) and the Flute (Indian, - advise booking a table). Of the two the Indian stood out as being both excellent and great value. Overall we can't recommend the B&B highly enough and will come back in the future we hope. Howard & Orla

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to review us. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay, kind regards Dave and Liz.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stopped outside at about 18:20 and phoned for a single room. I had cycled 59 miles, 55 of them very wet and very exhausted (I'm 58 y old). No single room but offered me the premier double at single rate. Moments after I knocked on the door I was offered tea of my choice and as much home made cake as I wanted with great informal family level social company from both Liz & Dave all the while.
Beautiful room, excellant location. Recommend for a local restaurant pub (just ok) with discount for guest house visitors. Better than great breakfast. Use of hose to wash down the bike and Liz held my bike while I administered a chain oil infusion. Who needs hotels! They could not have done more for me, thanks Liz & Dave.

Room Tip: Not everyone can have the south view, but ask for this, pay for the better room if you must. If you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Grahame S
Cannara, Owner at Cannara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dave and I are pleased you found us and hope that we will see you again.
Happy cycling and thank you for your review!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My job involves working away regularly and staying in a wide variety of B&Bs, and Cannara is by far the best I have been put up in. Incredibly welcoming hosts who greeted us with coffee and cake (best banana bread I have ever eaten!!), and I felt thoroughly looked after throughout the stay. The room was beautifully decorated with lovely personal touches, immaculately clean and comfortable, and although I would usually prefer a double bed, the single bed was still very comfortable.

Breakfast was incredible with plenty of options, I don't enjoy a fried breakfast, so the option of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was perfect for me!

All round a lovely stay with very accommodating, and welcoming hosts. Thank you :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wish I had used a recipe for the bannana bread as I hope it turns out as delicious next time.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently I had a fabulous week at Cannara. On arrival there was a warm welcome with coffee and delicious home made cake. The room was lovely and comfortable, decorated in an attractive manner and very clean. Breakfast was excellent with homemade bread, fresh fruits, cereals etc. I enjoyed my first "Full English Breakfast" and was entirely filled up for the rest of the day.
Dave and Liz are very charming, attentive and helpful hosts, who make you feel that welcome. They pay attention to every detail what makes your stay something special.
I cannot recommend the Cannara highly enough and would love to stay again in the very near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Cannara, Owner at Cannara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank for such a charming review from such a charming guest. It was lovely to meet you .

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I arrived at Cannara in mid-March staying to find property in Malvern. I found I was in a family home with all its advantages, interwoven with special friendly service at all times or not as your plans dictate. Liza and Dave could not be bettered as Hosts and they run a superb establishment. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All good, back peaceful, front noisier, but with views of the Malvern Hills
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. It has been a sincere pleasure meeting you and listening to the stories about your travels. We will see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Malvern
Great Malvern Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
#8 of 10 in Great Malvern
Treherne House & The Malvern Retreat

Been to Cannara Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!