“Italian hospitality in the heart of Malvern”
Review of Benedicto's

Benedicto's
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Great Malvern
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my first visit to Benedicto's having lived in Malvern for 8 years and walked past it every week. My friend and I arrived without booking at 9pm on a Saturday night not sure if we would be too late to be served. The waiters welcomed us in and seated us downstairs near the bar. Throughout the whole meal they were attentive, chatty and kept us entertained all night with their singing and banter. The food was delicious, I had the cured meat selection and the lasagne which were both recommended to me by Peppe. My only reason for not going before is that we eat a lot of Italian food at home, but in going last night I realised what I was missing was not the type of food but the exceptional Italian hospitality. This is what reminded me of my visits to Italy, where good food, a lively atmosphere and passion about eating is everything.

If like some reviewers you are the type of people that want to eat in deathly silence where your waiters appear from the shadows to top up your wine like ghostly beings and then retreat again until needed this is not the place for you. If you are like me and you want to enjoy a meal with people that love food and life and create a warm relaxed atmosphere then this is the best place I have found in malvern and I can't wait to return with my family.

1  Thank Ilas_Mama
There are newer reviews for Benedicto's

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I visited Benedicto’s for the first time with my husband last week and I see it becoming a firm favourite of ours as the food and service were second to none. For the main, I had ravioli stuffed with scallops and prawns served with a lobster sauce and my husband had duck with vegetables. Both dishes were simply delicious! Following this, I had the most fabulous chocolate fondant soufflé (talk about death by chocolate…I’m still dreaming about it!!) and my husband had the scrumptious homemade amaretto cheesecake ice cream. The beautiful food was equally complimented by the staff and the manager, Serafino, was incredibly hospitable. We plan to book again in a couple of weeks’ time to celebrate my husband’s birthday :o)

1  Thank g_and_h_keane
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Phoned up late but they squeezed us in. When we arrived, they took one look at my 92-year-old parents with walking sticks and realised we wouldn't make it to the table upstairs that was booked for us. So they rearranged things downstairs and sat us there. This was just about the happiest eating experience we've ever had - the staff were full of fun, very attentive and appeared to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. The food was absolutely scrumptious - beautifully cooked and presented and piping hot. We're planning to return to Malvern just to have another meal there!

1  Thank Rjkt15
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed locally and ate her with friends - excellent food and really good atmosphere.

An italian without pizza, but this was a really good meal, well cooked, with friendly staff and reasonably proced - woudl recommmend and go again!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was my second visit to Benedictos and I must question why there has been 6 months between my first visit and this one! This is by far the best restaurant in Malvern for special occasions!
My husband and I came to celebrate and although i knew it would be good it was amazing! We had not booked but as we were early we were made extremely welcome. The waiters are charming, funny and attentive. The best service. Serafino in particular was fantastic and made our night.

We were given olives as we perused the menu. We ordered glasses of house White and red. My White was spectacular! I was advised this White was chosen two weeks earlier and it was truly divine. Fresh crisp and delicious.

My husband had mushrooms with cream, garlic and gorgonzola. A big portion and really quite special. I had a starter of carbonara. A perfect size with a prett garniah of deep-fried spaghetti drizzles with high quality balsmic. Perfect! My husband had spaghetti bolognase for main - it could be boring but was amazingly meaty and chunky. So enjoyable. I had pan fried chicken with Brie and asparagus. A generous portion with vegetables and roast potatoes.

We could not manage dessert but were given some limoncello with the bill which was a perfect finish.

I cannot fault this place In any way. In my trips to Italy I could not set this aside as any less authentic. A must try. I will be back in far less than 6 months!