“Two more lovely meals”
Review of The Wellington Inn

The Wellington Inn
Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Great Malvern
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tel: 01684 540269
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I ate at The Wellington twice over the last month. I have reviewed this restaurant once before, however I have only written two reviews in my whole life.
I was prompted to review this place for a second time as we had a fabulous meal on both occasions.
I have never had a poor meal there but they really seem to have stepped up another gear.
Three weeks ago I ordered roast halibut on a clam chowder...it was was stunning, on my second last Friday I chose roast halibut again...on clams, smoked salmon and preserved lemon linguine, this was just lovely.
To start I had a beetroot, onion and goats cheese tart-let and my wife had the main course twice baked blue cheese souffle.
Two wonderful meals with a lovely bottle of red from Cahor on our second visit.
Yes the Wellington needs a bit of a makeover! But don't let that put you off, the staff and the owner are charming and helpful and this makes for a very special place...
....and the food is really outstanding!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stumbled across this pub when we were looking for somewhere to have lunch on my hen party. It was a Saturday lunchtime and we were about 12 ladies. The staff were fantastic, saved us an area despite our lack of booking and proceeded to fend off anyone else who tried to sit there!
Food was delicious and I'm only sad that I don't live closer to come here more often. Thanks Wellington Inn, you made us feel really welcome and everyone raved about the food and service.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have eaten here quite a few times before and the food has always been fantastic! I came here on Tuesday night with some friends and we all agreed that the food was the best we'd had for a very long time. I had beetroot cured seatrout gravadlax to start - a lovely light, melt in the mouth starter. Not being able to be tempted away from the amazing fish choices, I had smoked haddock cassoulet for my main course - it was superb, light, tender fish, and now I just want to eat it all again! Some friends had the local partridge - they loved this dish (so did I because I tasted it too!) Touches that set this food apart are the home-made bread, hand made chocolates and the variety of cheeses - all at a very reasonable price. The wine complemented the food and the service was very friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. I highly recommend eating here.

2  Thank azil4
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have been coming here for years and it never disappoints.There's always a lovely mixture of tasty sounding 'different' dishes for the adventurous but always a good selection of tasty firm favourites for those who 'don't like their food messed about with!"
I nearly always have the steak with pepper sauce and hand cut chips though everything on the menu is appealling.The deserts are to die for.Every crumb was eaten ...delicious.
I would go early and have a drink in the bar beforehand ...Lovely atmosphere and always a copy of the Telegrah in case the conversation dries up!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I had a very nice Sunday meal here a few days ago, and can vouch for the very positive reviews that The Wellington has been receiving. The starters were a sensible size - and so enabled one to really tuck into the main course, without feeling full 'too early'.
We both went for the topside of Beef, and were duly impressed by the tenderness of the steak size cuts we received: Accompanied by a large Yorkshire pudding, and roast potatoes, and a side of nicely cooked veg, you would really struggle to find anything as good for the price.
We wavered (briefly !) when we saw the desert menu, and did complement the Serving staff and Landlord for the variety available. The hardest decision was which one to choose, and it was really nice to see such different options.
The Bitter chocolate cheesecake - with rosewater, and rasperberry jelly top was divine, and again, the dessert portions were of a generous size.
Good fare, for sensible money - and well worth a visit.