“Great Pre-Theatre”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cambridge
“Great Pre-Theatre”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Visited here pre-theatre without booking. They had a table upstairs, which is probably the best place to eat in the evening. My wife had a fig, melon and parma ham, followed by chicken souvlaki. I had king prawns, followed by the special fish stew. Both meals were very good and the service was both friendly and attentive. We were finshed well in time for the theatre and it was a great start to the evening. Well recommended.

• Visited October 2012

Devon-England
“The Figtree Revisited”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Having posted a review of this restaurant in January this year my wife and I returned to Malvern for an overnight stay and to attend the Malvern Theatre and having regard to our previous visit headed without hesitation for this little gem. During our stay at Malvern we eat twice at The Fig Tree one was for a pretheatre supper/dinner and again the following day for lunch before commecing our journey back to Devon. Our pre theatre meal comprised of a Veal chop (my wife) whilst I had a superb Pork chop, both dishes were served with an excellent choice of fresh vegetables accompanied by a bottle of Pinot Grigio Rose wine, the food was cooked to perfection by the duo in the kitchen led my Manou Kabirizadeh, no doubt this accounts for the Mediterranean influence referred to in other reports, and his French assistant chef Tom Dos Santos. My wife said that her meal was one of the best meals out that she had for a long time, my own meal was equally well received - total cost £50:45 without service. Whilst cheaper options were available we both opted towards the more expensive dishes as we were rather hungry after our journey. It is a varied menue designed to suit all pockets and culinary tastes. Returning the following day for lunch my opted for the special seafood risotto costing £8:75 and I had a delicious portion of cod and french fries priced at £9:95 drinks and pastries with Mocka and Americano coffee brought the total bill to £31:20 once again the duo behind the scenes excelled and presented two superb plates of food. Front of house is in the capable hands of a young lady called Christine Hale who ensures that all reasonable expectations are surpassed. It is good to note that this establishment has not deteriorated since my last visit to Malvern and I will not hesitate in returning again, truly an unpretentious establishment that punches above its weight. Well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank DevonshireWrinkle
Malvern, UK
“Excellent mediterranean food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Two visits in recent months, both times the food has been top-notch and the service very efficient. Menu features mostly mediterranean themes. I've enjoyed a lovely fish and seafood casserole, perfectly cooked fish with very fresh and light citrus juices. Also had a great squid and chorizo salad as main. Always seem to be some interesting specials on offer. Staff seem well-informed (asked about the fish casserole: without a pause they named the 6 types of fish and seafood included), and dishes arrive promptly (without being rushed). Gives the impression of a slick operation, but also has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Will be back for more.

• Visited September 2012
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been here a few times now, both with friends and as a couple and every time The Fig Tree manages to exceed my expectations! The service is very friendly and the owner always makes an effort to greet us and make us feel welcome. The food is very delicious and the wine list is excellent. I 100% recommend taking the time to enjoy a meal here you won't regret it!

• Visited February 2012
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“The Real Deal !”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have been several times and it gets better and better ! By far the best place to eat in Malvern. Freshly cooked authentic Mediterranean dishes never disappoint and everything represents excellent value. Warm and friendly service under the keen and watchful eye of the proprietor just enhances the experience.

• Visited June 2012