“Home away from home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Malvern
Poplar Cottage Guest Accommodation
Ranked #13 of 33 Great Malvern B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2010

An unplanned 2-night stay that turned out to be a highlight of our trip from the U.S.
Wonderful hosts - Lyn & John Jenkins - and accomodations, and would thoroughly recommend it to everyone.
Great setting and colourful garden.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robncar

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We found Poplar Cottage via the Visit England site. Booking direct with Lyn and John was very easy.
On arrival we were made to feel very welcome. First impressions on cleanliness were fantastic.. and we never did find anything to complain about there. The standard here is far higher than we have found in some very expensive hotels.
The room was beautifuly decorated and was furnished with quality linens etc.. and the bed was so comfortable!
Top that with the excellent special touches; mini fridge (with Malvern water, fresh milk and orange juice), Basket of fruit, Tray of sweets, oh and the usual drinks tray stocked with lovely biscuits and various teas, coffee's and chocolate.... makes the room so very special.
And then there's breakfast.. You get to choose from an extensive list of what you would like. It is then prepared to perfection. The quality of the ingredients shines through too.
So... mix a truly lovely room, fantastic food with a really warm and genuine welcome from Lyn and John and you are on to a winner!
Would we stay here again... YES and we plan to...
Thankyou Lyn and John... for a great weekend!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G00dDay
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed here for one night before doing a cycling event in the area. We were made very welcome with tea and cake on arrival.
Our room, Hillview, was spotlessly clean, spacious and had everything you would need. Nice bathroom, lots of storage space, flat screen tv, huge comfortable bed with luxury linen and dressing gowns. Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, biscuits, small fridge with mineral water & orange juice.
Excellent breakfast, lots of choice and well cooked.
The pub across the road does good food and real ales.
We would stay here again if we return to the Malverns.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mood64
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Just had two nights at the Poplar Cottage. This was a really great B and B and Lyn and John are one of the friendliest couples my husband and I have ever met. We had not met them before and they made us feel so welcome. The garden view room that we had was very comfortable, and we have never slept in a more comfortable and huge bed before. The room was excellent, with a lovely stocked mini fridge, fresh fruit, and toiletries in the bathroom. Lovely soft towels and bath robes. Just a shame that we could not book for September, but naturally with such a lovely place it was booked up.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morebeard
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed at Poplar cottage for a weekend walking the Malvern Hills. Lyn and John had researched what they would want from a B&B and have come up with an outstanding guesthouse. Super bedroom, quiet, beautifully furnished, and even a mini fridge for cool Malvern Water. Enjoyed the stay immensly as did the friends I was with.
The pub across the road served excellent evening meals.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank cheshireguy
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Set just outside Malvern on a pleasant road with a nice pub Poplar cottage is a great place to stay.

The Room - My stay was in the (unadvertised) single room which was small but very nicely laid-out and for those with bad experiences of B&Bs, this one was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable, I might well have been in the house on my own for all the noise I heard and there were very nice simple touches to make me feel at home. E.g. Nice fluffy dressing gown, small fridge with fresh milk and spring water (Malvern of course) every day, fruit and sweets also refreshed daily. The single room did not have its own en-suite but next door was a bathroom allocated to the room (it was locked and I had the key).

Food - Full English breakfast, John's specialty, was as good as many a hotel I have stayed in, enjoyable and a great start to a day of walking. On my last morning I had the fruit platter and that was also delicious.

People - John and Lynne were friendly and helpful - maps of the area were lent for the duration without a second thought and I was made very welcome which is why nearly two months after staying there I am taking time to write a review.

So, what could be improved ? Not a lot really. The house isn't in the centre of Malvern but that's why it is quiet. The single room is small (no mistaking it for a double with a single be in it) but very reasonable. I didn't see the double rooms but if the attention to detail found elsewhere is anything to go by I am sure that they are worth trying - the other visitor there at the same time as I was there was a "business person" who stayed on a regular basis.

As per the title of my review I would be happy to recommend it to anyone, including my mother !

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GilgaMark
Reviewed October 26, 2009

a lovely place to stay, could not wish for better in a b&b, very comfortable ,clean and friendly with very good food,

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple