“Spa Day”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Great Malvern
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Spa Day”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited this venue as a Spa Day Package which included use of all the Spa facilities, Gym and an exercise class (if there was any spaces left in them - which there wasn't on the day we went as they were all booked by the regular members) however the Spa facilities were brilliant with such powerful jets in the Hydrotherapy pool that you really felt like you were working out on different parts of your body.

The day also included one free drink and a Light Lunch with a fruit drink and strategically placed water stations - any other drinks had to be paid for.

Felt the only downside was how small the changing rooms were - lots and lots of lockers to put your clothes in, but not much bench and standing area to get changed

The staff were all very very friendly and helpful

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KathandDen
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi there

Thank you for your feedback on your day spent with us.

I am pleased you had a great time and were looked after by our friendly and helpful team. I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We spent a lovely weekend at The Malvern, meeting up with friends.

Many plus sides :
Good breakfast and excellent evening meal.
The staff were, without exception, friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The room was bright and comfortable.
The spa was super, especially the outside thermal part.

A few negatives:
The spa was overcrowded.
The ensuite was clean on the surface, but it wasn't hard to spot filthy bits of the loo, and the shower screen.
The heated towel rail in the bathroom did not work; we asked the housekeeper to look into it ASAP but it was not working for the entire stay.
The view is, indeed, of a car park.

Yes we'd return, as we feel the hotel was value for money, but don't expect perfection!

Room Tip: Ask for a bath if you want one, some rooms have showers only.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tom-Kenny
I am glad you had a lovely weekend with us.

I am disappointed to read your comments regarding cleaning as this is a very high priority to us- I will be investigating this further. With regards to the towel rail, it should have been explained this was switched off but could be put on if requested. I am sorry this was not resolved for you during your stay.

Some of your hotel rooms are on the front of the building but many of our rooms do have views of the Malvern Hills and we are happy to move guests, subject to availability.

I look forward to your return visit when we hope to be closer to perfection for you.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Really helpful and friendly staff, nothing too much trouble. Lovely rooms with good facilities - but pricey if you can't use the spa facilities (as 3 of our party couldn't). Hydrotherapy pool and gym facilities excellent. Breakfasts good - nice to have the hot food cooked to order rather than congealing on a self-service buffet. However, we didn't eat our main meals in the hotel as we were booked out with friends for the 1st evening and after we'd looked at the menu we didn't fancy any of the offerings. As this menu wasn't changed for the 3 nights of our stay, we made sure we ate out the other 2 nights as well. Only other comment would be that the eating and bar areas are not spacious and have no atmosphere - despite the staff being absolutely brilliant. We all agreed that we'll definitely come back, but we'll eat out again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rjkt15
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you had a great stay with us.

We feel the restaurant and Brasserie areas do have adequate space for the size of our hotel but will take on board all of your comments.

I look forward to your return visit and hope you will take the opportunity to dine with us then.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been a member at the spa for a over a year I tend to go 5-6 times a week on the whole the place is clean, the treatment area is beautifully set out and perfect for relaxation and the general spa feel. However I find a venue is only as good as the people who work there notably, Jane who works around the whole spa she is friendly and always happy to help in pretty much any matter, the incredibly bubbly Lizzy at the brasserie she is always smiling and happy provides excellent customer service as nothing is too much trouble for her. At reception Serena and Tasha are very professional and knowledgeable about all aspect of the spa and services you may need. Great customer service and general good manners in the customer service sector seems to be a dying trade but is essential for the running of a business, it also tends goes un-noticed and on the whole unrewarded as people only tend to put pen to paper when addressing poor service. Because of these individuals which is by no means a exhausted list of the positive employees at the Malvern Spa I would highly recommend the Malvern for spa days, hotel get always and those looking for a gym in the Malvern area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LJay b
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive and complimentary feedback. I am very proud of all of the team here at The Malvern and it is great to have their service recognised in this way.

Excellent customer service is of the highest priority to all of us and will remain key to The Malvern daily life.

I look forward to seeing you at the club.

Kuwait
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After coming to The Malvern Spa for the last three years we pretty much knew what to expect from the hotel. From the outside it looks like an office block but on the inside it is very inviting. Unfortunately, what we didn't expect was to find out that during our two night stay (Thursday/Friday) the only appointment available in the spa was perhaps an express mani/pedi. When we tried to address the issue upon check out with Rachael at reception her response was "we are just so busy we can't accommodate everyone". It felt like the spa was more interested in keeping the locals coming back versus their hotel guests. I did suggest that it would be a great idea to let your guests know at time of booking to schedule your spa appointments as well. She said that it was definitely listed in the confirmation email that was sent out after booking. When we returned home I checked the email that was sent out and there was no such statement included regarding the spa. We love the area but will probably look for alternative accommodation when we return the next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanielleKuwait
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Danielle

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't get an appointment when staying with us. As with most Spa's and treatment rooms, it is advisable to pre-book treatments as they do get booked in advance. However, I do understand your frustration.

This is usually included in our booking confirmation paperwork and I am unsure why it did not show on yours. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
herefordshire
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I visited the Malvern spa on Febuary 19th/20th. I had recently lost my mother and felt the need to be spoilt and pampered. We arrived at 1.00 with treatments booked for 3.15 and 4.15. We were asked for another £25 each as we had arrived before 3pm, even though I had previousley been told that we could use the facilities from 1.00pm. However, when I showed the staff my booking letter we were allowed to go in without having to pay the extra £50 phew!!!!!! Inside the Hotel is beautiful, lovely warm water and treatments to die for!!!!!! The room was fine, tea and coffee making facilities,Tv, hair drier etc. The bed was extremely comfortable. Dinner was also very tasty and lovely cheese and biscuits to follow. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay, but on departure were almost charged an extra £35 on top for a treatment that I had as an extra. However it was soon sorted out and I would definately visit again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank quartetHrefordshire
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi there

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry you experienced issues with payments at check in and check out but I am pleased to note these were swiftly rectified.
I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pampered at this difficult time for you.
I look forward to your return visit.
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On the whole, I found The Malvern experience to be good. I thought the rooms were clean and contemporary, the food was excellent and the service generally friendly and good. I really enjoyed the treatments I had, although there had been a mix up with the treatment I had requested over the phone and what I actually ended up receiving which was a little disappointing as when I booked it I was told it wasn't a problem. (Having said this, I did have a thoroughly excellent massage!) I also had an Indian head massage by a lovely lady called Hayley which was phenomenal!! Thanks Hayley!!!!

A few downsides to our stay....there was quite a lot of noise during my treatments which did irritate me when all one wants is a bit of peace! There needs to be a door between the lounge and the treatment rooms. My friend also made the same comment. Also, during the night I must have been woken up at least 7-8 times by the noise. Talking, banging, laughing, thunking, slamming doors etc. not a restful night. After our dinner, my friend and I (we don't see each other often) decided to have a drink In the lounge/bar area. At about 11.30pm, the staff switched off the music, turned the lights off and went home...I felt like I was being told "it's time to go to bed now'! As a hotel (service industry!!) I would expect to be able to stay up drinking in a bar beyond 11.30pm. I think there is room for improvement however, I did find everyone to be more than helpful and very friendly and on the whole an enjoyable experience. I love the outdoor pool area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Justine C
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi Justine

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry there was a mix up with your booking but am glad to see you enjoyed your treatments.
I will share your valuable feedback regarding noise near the treatment rooms with the Spa Manager and her team. Unfortunately the hotel noise is down to other guests although we do try our best to monitor and minimise this.
The bar is open until the guests have finished their evening. I am sorry you felt it was being closed as this should not have happened. I have taken this forward with the Restaurant Manager to ensure it does not happen again.

I hope you will enjoy a return visit with us soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Malvern
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant
The Cottage in the Wood
The Cottage in the Wood
#1 of 1 in Malvern Wells

Been to The Malvern? Share your experiences!