“Good Beer Good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
worcestershire
“Good Beer Good food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We popped in one midweek evening for a drink The real ales are great always kept well etc , after a few drinks we decided to have a light bite .I had the king prawns in pecking sauce , my wife had chicken black bean sauce. The prawns were of a good quality they were cooked well good size & a good quantity. so many times i have ordered prawns & they are chewy tasteless small etc etc but i must say that these were really good The Peking sauce could have been a touch thicker was a bit watery , but im sure if i asked for a thicker sauce he would oblige. My wife's chicken was fine cooked well & quite a tasty meal we also ordered noodles these were good not swimming in fat /grease as you get else where. all in all a pleasant experience...

We will call in again soon im sure!!

• Visited August 2013

Malvern, UK
“Chinese food and real ales”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice idea - a pub serving some decent ales has a chinese restaurant attached. Nice beers (Wye Valley Butty Bach and HPA always welcome), food OK but nothing more. My singapore fried rice was fairly tasty, but just nothing special (advertised as spicy it was very mild). My wife's chicken chow mein was judged fairly average. Atmosphere and service were fine, but for me the food needs to impress more.

I've come to the view that to get really good chinese food you just have to go to the big cities where there's a sufficiently large chinese population to support good, authentic chinese restaurants. So in Birmingham, Manchester, London etc you should have some good options available, but in smaller towns and cities you'll usually struggle.

• Visited July 2013
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“wonderful chinese food and friendly employees”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I enjoy Chinese food - the spicier the better! This pub was a great find. Small restaurant attached to a local pub. Friendly owners and staff, delicious food and good value. Whenever I want to go have Chinese food with friends, somewhere where we can eat in rather than takeaway I head to The Star Inn. The Crispy shredded chicken is amazing, as is their hot and sour soup (very spicy).

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not be going back!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I tried this Chinese last week and wish we hadn't. Restaurant was cold and uninviting. Had to wait 10 mins to order a drink despite there were very few people eating. Then waited 20 mins for starter which was poor and 40 mins for main course. Food was unappetising and served in a very basic manner. Other diners were also kept waiting and looked fed up. Disappointed as Malvern lack a good Chinese.

Alcossebre, Spain
“Best Chinese Takeaway in a very long time”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We tried the Star because it was just round the corner from where we were staying- they were
very busy, so we had to wait for 30 minutes- but this was explained to us- in the mean time we
had a good couple of pints of beer- the bar maid was not as attentive as she might have been-
but the staff on the food side were very good- at home the food was really tasty and generous
helpings.