“Reasonable food and value let down by consistently poor service”
Review of Frankie & Bennys

Frankie & Bennys
Ranked #42 of 105 Restaurants in Evesham
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We go here quite a lot, because the children love it. To be honest, though, I can't wait for them to grow up and develop more sophisticated tastes.

The food here is competent enough in the usual gastro-pub style with their own Italian-American theming. Pasta and pizzas are good, burgers somewhat less so. The atmosphere is what you'd expect: a bit brash, cheerful and family-friendly. In terms of value for money there's nothing to complain about. If it was just the food then I'd be happy enough to recommend it.

What lets it down, though, is the service, which varies from just about acceptable to terrible. On several occasions we've experienced lengthy waits for our food to be served, something may be OK on a romantic dinner for two but is a real problem when you've got hungry and impatient children. We've also experienced waitresses getting the order wrong more than once. One time, the dessert I'd ordered wasn't available, so I had to choose a different one - but they didn't tell me that until the others were ready to serve. So, while my second choice was prepared (another unnecessary wait), the others were left on the pass. By the time we all got them, the ice creams had virtually melted. On another occasion we were told there was a half hour wait to be seated, even though the restaurant was less than half full (we gave up on that occasion and went to McDonalds instead).

If you're prepared to gamble on the service, or can pick a time when you know it isn't going to be at all busy, then it's not a bad place to eat. But it would be a much better place if they could sort out their staffing problems.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not as good as my first experience of this chain (Giltbrook, Nottingham). Environment felt a little claustrophobic and one dish (yes, F&C) was greasy and lacked the tartar sauce it should have had and the other was just totally wrong (the 'new' chef was blamed). But they handled these problems with panache and the wrong dish, which we stuck with, was I was told very nice! So, overall, not quite enough to put me off...

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Having never been to frankie and benny's before myself and my partner went here one night after we'd both finished work. I had a burger and my partner had a bbq pulled pork sandwich, we both had desert. The food here is excellent, one of the best burgers I've had in a long time but also the staff are very friendly and helpful. Since that visit we've also been back again but for a lunch, which was great value for money!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was bog standard food, but a long wait between courses meant we weren't that hungry when it came to our mains!
waitress was very good though.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

went here for our anniversary. The food was great and the staff were lovely. Will be going again soon. The atmostphere was great and families were clearly enjoying theirselves.