We stayed at the Wood Norton for one night last weekend, and really enjoyed our time there. We had a room on the top floor of the main hall, which was nicely decorated, clean and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had the best shower we’ve probably ever experienced! We were a bit worried beforehand about a lack of a mirror as other reviewers have mentioned, but we were pleased to find one in the bedroom – but it did cover the plug sockets and had to be pulled away from the wall to access them (leaving marks on the paint where others had obviously done the same thing). The only other downside was the air conditioning system which kept switching itself on during the night – the temperature was fine but the noise was a bit annoying and we couldn’t work out how to stop it.
Dinner in the restaurant was lovely, the atmosphere was good and the food was of a high quality and very tasty (especially the dessert plate!) Breakfast was also good, with just a couple of slight issues; it would have been nice to have a greater selection of fruit, and we found it a bit strange that milk for tea and coffee seemed to be brought on a tray with the toast – we chose not to have toast, but as the milk came with it we didn’t get any brought to us. Maybe we were unusual but this didn’t seem a very logical way of doing things, and made it easier for staff to miss it.
Overall, the slightly negative points are only small niggles and didn’t spoil our stay at all, but could probably be easily remedied to make the hotel as special as it seems to be aiming for. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful, and the location is excellent – the views will be even nicer in better weather, and it was very easy for us to explore a lot of the Cotswolds and Stratford upon Avon while we were staying there. We’d be very happy to stay at the Wood Norton again, and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wood Norton Hotel & Restaurant , the former home to French Royalty, is a glorious Grade II listed, four star country house hotel. Set in its own grounds the hotel looks over the beautiful Vale of Evesham to the nearby Cotswold Hills.50 rooms and suites with beautiful public areas, large ornate gardens, and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Wood Norton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Norton Hall Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Wood Norton Hall Country Hotel
- The Wood Norton Hotel Evesham, Worcestershire