Stayed here for one night on an offer, which included scones and tea on arrival, dinner, bed and breakfast. Check-in was efficient, if not over-friendly, but we had to ask about the scones and tea, as it was not offered. Our choice of time to eat was already booked up, so we had to opt for 6.30pm. Dining room was most impressive. Choice of menu was limited, just 3 choices for starters, mains and deserts, which was a little disappointing. Food was beautifully presented, but miniscule portions. The cooked part of the breakfast which was ordered was nice, but disappointed in the choice of cereals and fruit.
Our room was in the mews, and was fully accessible for those with disabilities, so it was very disappointing to find a wet room with shower and seat, rather than a bathroom with a bath. The lack of a mirror in the bedroom is a glaring omission, as you can't dry/straighten your hair without needing to look in a mirror.
Would I recommend the hotel? No. There is something missing - whether it's the reception, the poor choice of menu, or the fact that they seem to begrudge providing food (the scones/tea which had to be asked about, the 2 tiny vegetables on the plate which were classed as "baby vegetables", or the lack of choice at breakfast. It's a shame, as the hotel building is stunning, and the grounds will be lovely, when they are finished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wood Norton Hotel & Restaurant , the former home to French Royalty, is a glorious Grade II listed, four star country house hotel. Set in its own grounds the hotel looks over the beautiful Vale of Evesham to the nearby Cotswold Hills.50 rooms and suites with beautiful public areas, large ornate gardens, and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wood Norton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Norton Hall Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Wood Norton Hall Country Hotel
- The Wood Norton Hotel Evesham, Worcestershire