The Wood Norton Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$93
$90
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Evesham Hotel(Evesham)(Great Value!)
$76
PremierInn.com
1,130 results
All reviewsmain buildingpear tree mewsroll top bathprincess louiseafternoon teagames roommolton brown toiletriesbeautiful hotelseparate buildingsconesbar menucream teamalvern hillsour wedding anniversarycourse mealwalk in showerhuge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

GF and I stayed for two nights as part of a meal deal special with dinner on the first night, its an old hunting lodge recently bought privately and attached to the Bespoke group. We were in the mews annexe which is a short walk from the main building past the staff quarters, okay when its not raining, but if the weather is inclement then your going to get wet walking down to dinner. The room was okay, not massive and not unlike any other 'corporate' style, the grounds were dissapointingly small for an old hunting lodge and still have a large BBC facility on the approach road, its situated just outside town and past an industrial estate but you do have some fantastic places to visit about twenty mins drive away.
I got caught out with the description for the evening meal and ended up with what looked like a piece of pate when I was expecting roast duck, its nouvelle cuisine so you will need the side orders (extra) if you like to feel like you have been fed, like me. The bar is a counter in a room with NO DRAUGHT beers chaps, though the very friendly young barmen put a smile on GF's face when he quickly rustled up a nice cocktail, drinks in the bar and at the table are expensive.
Breakfast was well prepared and presented on the first morning, I had the fish which attracts a £3.50 surcharge, on the second morning there was no cereal or yoghurt and we couldn't be bothered asking.
The main building is brimming with character and period features and I imagine looking at the hotel's pictures that the theme continues into the bedrooms in the main building if your lucky enough to get one in the Hall.
Overall for the money I was disappointed with the room and certainly my choice of main meal, I also like a couple of schooners before dinner but that won't be happening soon there. No leisure club yet.
The staff were impeccable, a real credit to their mentors and showed a genuine interest and aptitude for their jobs and if they keep that level of service up when its busy then they will all go far.
Would I go again? No, Was it worth the money? I'm glad I was on a deal!

Room Tip: Push to get in the Hall, the mews are characterless
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver C, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of The Wood Norton, I am grateful; to you for pointing out yor experiences.
I do share all the reviews with my team, it is a vital part of meeting guests exppectation. Do please come again, you may even beable to inbibe in a schooner!
With all good wishes

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have just had a lovely weekend at Wood Norton with our friends. It hasnt been open long so their were a few teething problems (mainly no mirror in the bedrooms
) but the staff could not have been more helpfull. The food in the restuarnt was superb, its not cheap to eat or drink there but we felt the quality justified the price. Well worth a visit

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie M

Thank you so much for your endorsement of The Wood Norton. The mirrors are on my radar (still), we have been let down by suppliers but they should be installed very soon.
We shall hope to see you at The Wood Norton again before too long
With all good wishes

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a splendid afternoon out for my aunties 80th birthday. The hotel was set in lovely surroundings which we had a walk around. The whole experience was a pleasure from beginning to end. The service from the bar man was very attentive and nothing was to much trouble. The sandwiches and cakes were delicious and I wouldn't have to think twice about going again. Would defiantly recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Katie F

I am very pleased you enjoyed your Auntie's Birthday tea. We shall hope to see you all again before too long.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Have just come back from the hotel after my wife booked it for my birthday. Basically,I loved it as soon as we came up the drive. Its a gothic style victorian building with ongoing restoration work to the garden to restore it to a formal parterre style with large lawns overlooking the Evesham vale, river and a really decent sunset even in february. The whole place has loads of history, from french royalty to being owned by the BBC. All around, there are nostalgic photos. When you walk into the reception, its wood as far as the eye can see. From the floor, panelling, carved staircase going up to 2 internal juliet balconies and the wooden ceilings. If you have any interest in carpentry or wood carving, this is the place for you. There are history pamphlets to read at your leisure.The bar by contrast is more modern and contemporary with large coloured sofas. There is no draught beer so you are limited to the bottled selection. The bar snacks are very good, I had a club sandwich and it was huge. The daily cream teas are impressive enough as well with several different areas to relax in. There is also a snooker room. The restaurant is where the main meals are taken and as it is panelled, with the mood lighting its quite a romantic place to dine. The dinner menu was not extensive, but our choices were well made, well cooked and deceptively filling. The breakfast has a cold self serve and a freshly cooked full breakfast served to you.
Our room was 310 in the more modern mews annexe. Its a quiet room at the end of a corridor, so no-one walks past. You can reach it by walking up the slope from outside or going up the staircase and following the corridor to a door which is opposite the mews. The room was large with new furnishings, a well appointed large bathroom and a superking bed. There is tea making but no room safe. There is a very good info card in the room with all of the places to visit nearby. I did not see a room service card, so I do not know if they provide this service. One area I feel could be improved, is the entrance to the mews. The floor is littered with cigarette ends. it spoils the first impression. Some sand bins are needed here. Its more of an observation, I would not like to spoil my review with a proper complaint.
With regards to the staff, without exception, they were all well trained, friendly, courteous delivering hospitality and excellent service . Nothing was too much trouble.
There is ample car park space at the top of the slope with a check in area outside by the fountain
Apparently, this has been a travelzoo favourite and if these high standards are maintained, we will be back in the future to see the gardens in a more mature condition.
By mistake,I ticked the Fitness Centre. I dont know if they have one.

Room Tip: The mews are more modern and the hotel suites are traditional.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrandDr

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday treat!!
We shall all look forward to seeing you in Worcestershire again before too long
Genaral Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I organised Afternoon Tea to celebrate my Auntie's 80th birthday and cannot fault anything. The food was wonderful and the service absolutely first class. The staff were attentive and took and time and trouble to make sure my Auntie had a lovely afternoon - which she did.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise G
Oliver C, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I am so pleased your Auntie's Birthday celebrations were so well received, and I shall of course share your kind comments with my entire team.
We shall look forward to a return visit in the not too distant future!