“Able to park outside”

The Royal Oak
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Evesham
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Proud to be serving great drinks & locally sourced food. Open from 11.30am. Fresh food served all day, every day.
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Restaurant was not busy on a Thursday evening. The apple and sultana crumble turned out to be plum! The chips were good.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

First time visit with friends for Sunday evening Dinner,whilst staying locally in a rented cottage. Old fashioned pub on High Street, with small Restaurant attached. No booking necessary, but would imagine needed at busier times. Limited menu, but all of us found something we liked. Starters, Mains & drinks came to a reasonable £94, the food was well served by pleasant and friendly staff, nicely presented and no complaints re any of the dishes. Recommended

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

The food in this restaurant was beautiful. Particularly the lamb shoulder on the specials menu was faultless. We also had a young lad (blonde, forgot to ask his name) who ran our food and did our checkbacks who was fantastic and his attention to detail (for example specifically offering mint sauce with my lamb dish) was both noted and very much appreciated. A credit to your team. However, I chose not to leave a tip at all, due to them being divided equally between all team members and there was a particular team member (brunette with glasses, in uniform) who seemed more experienced than the others who let down the quality of the whole place. His attitude was abysmal and stopped short of complete rudeness. His responses were short when first taking our mains order and it was the chefs who then had to remind him of my dairy intolerance when he came back out to check my allergy to eggs (kudos to the chefs!). After that we saw him only to have him bring our dessert menus (without having enough iniative and thoughtfulness to point out what desserts I could have being dairy free, in the end I saw none and had nothing) and then his lovely colleague brought the bill. The bill then had missed our drinks off and so we brought this to the brunettes attention. With not even a smile or a 'thank you for your honesty' he took the bill went and fixed it and then brought it back with a cold "there you go" and I found myself thanking him for adding money onto to my bill without any warmth when I could have saved myself a fiver! He was abrupt enough that a table next to me commented that a thank you could have gone a long way. Honestly, a smile and some personality is free. I can only hope that on your busier nights you have other servers such as the blonde working or you may have some in-house complaints to deal with! A real disappointment to what was sublime food and a lovely atmosphere and now the most avid thing I will remember is his poor service.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Came here as a family of 8 at very short notice. Accommodated us with no problem at all after a short wait in the bar.
Ordered everything including sausage and mash, duck, steak, risotto and gammon. Everything came piping hot and to a really good standard, all plates were emptied and everyone said how good the food was. The service was really good as well despite one young fella running around trying to keep everybody happy, he managed it though and we all left happy and stuffed.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The meal was good, and the atmosphere, and the service. A relief after a long days walk on Offas Dyke to have a good meal.