“Great honest food”

The Royal Oak
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Evesham
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Proud to be serving great drinks & locally sourced food. Open from 11.30am. Fresh food served all day, every day.
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This was the second visit for us with a year in between and both times we have been very impressed with the food. I had the faggots this time and they were the best I have had anywhere, beautiful quality and wonderfully herby. Very enthusiastic and friendly service compliment a menu of wonderfully honest food.

2  Thank Brian C

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely awful! £40 for 2 roast dinners, rip off!!!
3 slices of meat, 3 potatoes, and 1 burnt Yorkshire pudding, small bowl of veg and stuffing balls! AWFUL never going their again

5  Thank Rosie B
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely stunning meals from both of us. Both me and my partner had the 10oz sirloin steak with bone on and to tell you the truth it was amazing. Me myself being a chef finds it very hard to find a place to go for a decent meal, this was not the case with the royal oak. Amazing food, great service. We shall deffinately be returning. A big thanks to the whole team at the royal oak, made mine and my partners night.

2  Thank Luke S
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I went out for dinner at The Royal Oak with my partner. I would recommend booking on a Saturday as although we were accommodated us not booking a table seemed to be a bit of an issue for the staff.
We ordered the duck and pork belly, both of which were really great. The desert menu also had us stumped over what to order and both the lemon meringue pie and sticky toffee pudding were amazing.
The pub had a nice vibe and there staff were attentive.
My only criticism would be that the servers seemed to be a bit panicked as there was a lot of walking up and down the room not necessarily serving anyone but more in a flap. It might have been more obvious to us on the middle table but it seemed there were more servers than needed and everyone was walking back and to the bar, rarely with anything in hand.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We have just returned from the Royal Oak and I couldn't wait to leave a review!
We came for Sunday lunch and took our rescue dog Polly who couldn't believe her luck at how well she was looked after!
The lovely barman was really kind towards Polly and presented us not only our menu but a doggy one too along with pigs ear treats.
We all chose the traditional lunch, three beef and one lamb which were all delicious and plentiful followed by puds of sticky toffee-yummy, pear and apple crumble-tasty, local cheeses-amazing and lemon meringue pie-could do with being a little more lemony!
The décor is welcoming and I can imagine in the winter months it will be a lovely cosy place to spend a long lunches with a few hot toddies!
I can't wait to come back...and neither can Polly!!

3  Thank manda w