“Use it or lose it!”

The Kings Arms
Ranked #27 of 96 Restaurants in Evesham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Use it or lose it!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visited the Kings Arms yesterday and found something of a dying breed, namely a lovely English country pub.
Whilst only taking the chance to stop for a drink on this occasion, I am most definitely going to return to support the huge efforts of the current owners who are producing great food and drink. This is a dying part of the UK scene, and I urge all travellers to stop by and help us retain a wonderful part of our heritage.
The menu looks great with a big selection of sandwiches and wraps served with home cooked chips. There is a more extensive menu if you want to take something substantial.
Use it or lose it forever!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank leighb2000

Alicante, Spain
“Beef & Ale pie”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife & I are visiting family in the area and popped into The Kings Arms, Cleeve Prior. I had the best ever Beef & Ale pie ever and my wife had fish & chips (what a whopped). We will be going back for certain. The place has plenty of atmosphere and the staff make you feel very welcome.

Alicante, Spain
“The Kings Arms Cleeve Prior”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife & I are on holiday from Spain and enjoyed a great meal on Saturday evening. The best ever Beef & Ale pie I have ever had, my wife had fish & chips (what a whopper).

1 Thank Pete W
Salford Priors, United Kingdom
“Poor Lunch - Saturday 10 August”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We popped in to have a light lunch on a sunny afternoon. The menu offered Cod wrapped in Salmon with salad and my husband chose the Chicken Burger also with salad and chips. The food arrived fairly quickly but was extremely dry and inedible. This was both the fish and the chicken. A freshly prepared dish was then offered but we declined as the same problem affected both dishes we did not trust the next ones that might arrive. Great shame and very disappointing as the venue is so close to home. This was exacerbated by the absence of an apology. Very poor in itself and particularly in comparison to other pubs offering food in the vicinity.

1 Thank Ruth R
kingsarmscleeveprior, Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Ruth R

We are very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience at our place, please believe that this is not the normal. Sorry we never gave you the correct apology the young girl who weeks lunch times wishes she had got myself to see you before you left and that we did not the chance to correct the food for you.
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had Sunday lunch here. No chicken so all red meat. Hard Yorkshires, poor vegetables. Couldn't be described as good food standard. Nice staff but over stretched.

1 Thank Tiptop150