“Friendly, quirky and most intriguing!”
Review of Evesham Hotel

Evesham Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Evesham Hotel is a must, for anyone visiting this part of the country. The people here are the most friendly I have ever met. This hotel's owner is the main attraction I would say. Great character with a good sense of humour and very much like Basil Fawlty, completely harmless fun and should be taken so. Those without a sense of humour should go somewhere far more serious! The next attraction are the loo's followed by the hallways full of old teddies and toys. Despite the cluttered feel in some places it is immaculate everywhere and our room was delightful! We didn't get to see the themed rooms, but perhaps one day we will. The food was great and service was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 29, a double room, nice garden views, very comfortable and well stocked with tea, biscuits and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel has an individuality that sets it apart. The setting is attractive, the service first class and the meals excellent. Our Easter Sunday lunch was thoroughly pleasant and meeting the owner added to the appeal of the day. A visit to the loo is an experience in itself! Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

You know how Basil Fawlty keeps trying to be funny but ends up being rude, how he's just not made to be convivial... Well meet the owner of this hotel. Fortunately we'd read other reviews before we arrived (after we booked, unfortunately) so we were prepared for his rudeness (he thinks it's funny but my patience was certainly stretched with 'have you always been a cantankerous old bat' ha ha, where's your sense of humour...). As for the pink furry monkey he wears round his neck for dinner, or the Denis the Menace jumper, well I guess it must appeal to someone. Wacky with a capital W!

Apart from the eccentricity, the hotel itself is distinctly average. The best I have to say is that our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Food & decor stuck in the 80s - I'm guessing the owner doesn't get out often. Even breakfast was just acceptable (don't offer kidneys if you don't know you need to core them!).

He makes a huge thing about the bar offer, but when I asked what they'd recommend for an aperitif - complete blank. Asked for an interesting alternative to bourbon for post-dinner, was recommended a bourbon. So like everything about this place, it's just to give it some 'novelty'.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fionawLondon
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from the 11th to 13th March 2013 and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The whole venue is rather cooky and full of games, teddy bears and wine lists !. The staff are extremely friendly and warm. I admire the fact that they are unashamed about bringing the child out in the adult clientele. Life is way too serious and this is just a slice of acceptable irreverence.

Keep it going and don't change. In this world of sterile hotels it is a relief to find the Briitish eccentricity thriving

Will come again

Steve from London

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whilst the hotel itself is situated in beautiful grounds, it is in dire need of renovation. The decor is very tired, stale smelling and in some areas scruffy (especially carpet area in self serving breakfast area, etc).
We found the 'quirky' teddy theme again scriffy, cluttered and extremely unhygienic. The thought of all the adults and children that would have handled the soft toys, & teddy key rings, & gobbed all over them (seeing as most young children put toys straight in their mouth) was quite disgusting, and made us glad that we had not brought our children to this hotel.
If the owners cleaned up their act & redecorated with new, tasteful decor (that this hotel deserves), undoubedly there is great future potential. However, until this happens we will not be returning!
It gives us no pleasure in posting a negative review, but the contents of this review are entirely truthful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Red R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a fabulous place and the team are as individual as the rooms..and they are amazing:-) we had a wonderful stay at the Evesham hotel or as we call it Teddy Towers..the food was totally amazing and the wine list..phew!! This is my 2nd visit with my disabled employer and we will be back again soon, great big thank you to you all,and see you all again soon

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamesypie
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have never stayed anywhere quite like this.... I felt like I had stepped into an Enid Blyton novel and was waiting for someone to arrive with lashings of ginger beer or a tuck box.... From the moment we were greeted on arrival by John with a stuffed Denace the Menace round his neck, I knew we were in for something different. Please bring your sense of humour (the recent French guest obviously didn't!) My husband and I found this place hilarious. The service is excellent but the rooms are dated. The pool area is great and our 18 month old enjoyed it immensely. I would love to bring a five to nine year old as I think it would really capture their imagination. Don't come here looking for stylish luxury but do come here if you are looking for something truly unique and very special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
The Wood Norton Hotel
5 mi away
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Evesham Hotel? Share your experiences!