“Good value, friendly”

The Northwick Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stayed for a couple of weeks with work. Hotel generally as would be expected from looking at website. Up to date and functional. Seems few people eat in the restaurant in the evening, but bar meals are more than adequate. Breakfast served in restaurant and very quick and good (waiting staff very attentive). Rooms seems to have been refurbed in the recent past, bathrooms very tidy and showers very good pressure. Overnight porter seemed well up to speed on security (I arrived late on the first night and he was straight out to the car park to see who I was).
Two minor issues, firstly the towels they provide were very cheap and I ended up with fluff all over my body after drying!, and secondly sound seems to travel well from corridors and other rooms and it can be a bit noisy at night because of this (depending on who your other guests are!).
Internet via free wifi which worked well.
Overall fair deal and attentive staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Seen some bad reviews here but I stayed a week on business and slept well in a big spongy comfortable bed - which is my priority. Hotel faces the river in a town that avoids the tourist trap pretentiousness and prices of nearby Stratford - which you could visit in 30 minutes. Easy to find and lots of parking at back; good-size rooms; staff respond if you show good manners in return - they get some city weekenders coming here and treating locals like idiots. The Flacon Bar could do with a fresher meal offering - the menu looks dated in an area of elegant pubs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We went to have a meeting at the Northwick. Oh dear - don't....The woman (very very scary) was perhaps the rudest person in a hotel you have seen outside Fawlty Towers. In fact it was like Fawlty Towers. We were most polite but we were told we were not welcome in the most obnoxious manner, so we went to spend our money elsewhere. Who would have thought there was a recesion on? Were they busy? Not a soul - no one else, but judging by the reception we received I don't think anyone would want to stay here anyway...very very odd

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank F_and_P_Amersham
NorthwickHotel, Owner at The Northwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

We are sorry to have read the negative review that you have written about our hotel.
We would just like to make it clear that we do allow meetings to take place in our hotel, all we ask is that a meeting room is booked with us and not our hotel lounge to be taken for granted as a meeting room.
We pride ourselves at the Northwick Hotel as being a very professional, friendly and welcoming establishment.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

Stayed with our young family including our 6 mth baby. found everything about the hotel ok except for a member of the bar staff who would just about heat up our food for our baby and said he would just do it this one time so needless to say did not ask this member of staff again. thought he was quite rude and would never greet us with a hello when we ordered from the bar. apart from that had an enjoyable time with lovely playground for kids and room was ok, but for the money it was quite small for the family.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sunray045
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I booked one night up in the Northwick for my husband's birthday suprise.
It was the best place that I could have booked up.
The hotel is across the road from the Riverbank and Park and has a large car park.
The receptionists were so friendly and welcoming.
We had a large spacious family room and the furniture and fittings in there were superb.It had 2 big windows to open for some good fresh air and also a remote controlled ceiling fan.
Flat screen TV and internet access in the room.However,my son managed to get the internet on his PSP player as they had Wi-Fi.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean.The bathroom was modern,with a bath with shower over. Also a small bottle of Shower Gel,Shampoo,Body Lotion and 2 small soaps.
Tea & Coffee tray .We were very impressed with the fast boiling,whistling kettle!
There was also a hair-dryer and trouser-press in the room.
Room service is available,although we never used this.
The breakfast was really tasty and well cooked. The waitress took our order for the Tea/Coffee and toast ,porridge and Hot Cooked Breakfast.There was also lots of choices of cereals,fruit,yoghurts and fruit juices to help yourself to.

The hotel is around a pretty courtyard with flowers and water feature,which also has outdoor seating.
Just across the courtyard is the Hotel's Flacons Pub.We had both Sunday lunch and a night time meal here.It was nice to have fresh meat & vegetables (instead of the usual frozen microwaved food as in some other places) and it was superbly cooked.The barman was most friendly and we felt really at home here.It had a large grassed area at the back as well where you could enjoy a drink if you wanted and this had a kids play area with climbing equipment,slide etc.

The hotel is perfectly situated to enjoy Evesham.

If holidaying with children,be sure to take them over the road to the park ,and seek out the 'Water play area'.It is a fenced off area with play apparatus,but it has pressure pads which when stepped on start off various different fountains of water.My son had great fun there!

We shall certainly be back for a return visit sometime in the future and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Northwick Hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank StaffordJas
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Unfortunately this hotel gave me the worst experience I ever had from a hotel room. I only stayed over 1 night after attending a wedding party, so I could rest before going on my journey back home. However, I got no rest, because the room they gave me - number 5 - is directly over the kitchen extractor fan. They even charged me top price for that impertinence. The fan was switched on at 6 o'clock on a Sunday morning and made sleeping impossible. The bathroom smelled of kitchen. When I decided to give up sleep and go to breakfast I had to wait for a boiled egg so long that I was finished with cereal and bread when it finally arrived. Very disappointing. Revealingly the receptionist never asked me if I enjoyed my stay...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank watashiEngland
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We chose this Hotel through the internet due to its location by the River Avon and closeness to the town centre. We had read some reviews and the fact that the hotel had not long been refurbished. We were not disappointed. The courtyard and layout of the hotel is inviting. Reception gives you an immediate feel that you have entered a hotel with a sense of comfort and warmness. Our hostess (owner) Shirley Start could not have been more approachable and helpful and it was clear that the staff were part of a happy team. Our room was first class and offered all the facilities that we needed. Comfortable bed, plenty of storage, some seating and a bathroom with bath and shower were more than adequate. We chose to eat in the hotel restaurant most evenings bar one (not a pun) and were not disappointed. The restaurant staff were friendly and attentive and the cuisine was without question perfect. Plenty of choice and always well prepared and served. Breakfast was equally enjoyable with a choice of buffet and cooked dishes including a very nice English breakfast. Personally we liked the porridge as well. We stayed for 5 nights and were pleasantly surprised when we settled the bill given the quality of the accommodation and the restaurant cuisine. Lunches were occasionally taken in the Flacons Pub which was situated across the courtyard and again found to be a very acceptable experience. Coupled with some great tours around the Vale of Evesham for the Great Malvern Spring Show and the Asparagus Festival, we had a great time and came home quite refreshed and enthused about returning in the future. All-in-all, we give this hotel a top score!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shortbreak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
6 mi away
Dormy House Hotel
Dormy House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Broadway

Been to The Northwick Hotel? Share your experiences!