Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
$93
$91
Travelocity
Premier Inn Evesham Hotel(Evesham)(Great Value!)
$69
PremierInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner and I stopped here for one night. We arrived to a very friendly manager whom had a brilliant sense of humour and was very accommodating. Our room was quirky, clean and comfortable. We slept well and enjoyed a lovely breakfast, where nothing was too much.. I hope this hotel goes from strength to strength under the new ownership...

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank harrietwakefield
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The difficulty finding the place should have been a warning. Poor lighting on entry, poorly surfaced farmyard-type entrance, freezing cold building did not make for a welcome. Some would-be guests had changed their minds and were leaving hurriedly as we arrived. Two more were remonstrating with the only staff member, demanding money back as we checked in. What followed over the 2 nights' stay was quite a mixed bag.
Lovely view of the river, not enhanced by the "builders yard" state of the hotel boundary. No central heating, and nobody was taken in by the "temporary blip" attitude. On 2nd night we were given a tiny hot air contraption. No glasses in bathroom, staff (one man) not easy to find. He was run off his feet. No in-house phone so staff had to be hunted down. Towels not changed though obviously wet. Jacuzzi no compensation for the bathroom
carpet (why?) stained around toilet base.
BUT ... breakfast was fresh-tasting and filling for a day's walking, and the bed was great. We were cold and cross, but somehow felt sorry for whoever is trying to get a living out of this place. If you can't keep your guests warm during a bitter March weekend, you need to think again about running, and charging for, a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask before booking whether the heating has been "repaired" ie installed/replaced.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank dubkid8
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night on patrolling.com. I checked the reviews after booking (not always the best idea!) Some of the recent reviews were very scathing but this did not deter us from staying. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised and were given a very warm welcome by Mike, the owner. Whilst it's true that some areas are in need of tlc and the plumbing and electrics could do with attention in some rooms, we found our room to be warm, clean and a comfy bed. In view of the circumstances the owner had recently found himself in: the previous weekend his manager and staff did a runner with much of the stock and he decided to honour bookings made and was working round the clock to keep things going and we feel he did a sterling job. Well done Mike! We had an evening meal which was very good (recommend the Thai fish cakes fir starters) and a yummy full English breakfast the next morning. The owner is well aware of all the work that needs to be done and I believe he deserves our support whilst he achieves this.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank milliemackay
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Initially hard to find anyone to check us in on arrival but when we did find the one man band lady she was very friendly and showed us up to our room in the eves of the house. The room was fine, comfortable bed, clean cotton sheets and fluffy towels but on the downside the TV had poor reception and there was a bath but no shower. We ate at the hotel on the evening of our stay and the food was good. Breakfast was ok, the vegetarian version of the cooked breakfast was minus vegetarian sausages.The hotel is in a lovely setting directly overlooking the river and the location is ideal for a weekend trip around the Cotswolds.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I travel a lot around the UK with business and stop in a range of hotels from budget upwards. This ranks as one of the worst for service. Yes, the hotel is a bit cranky and need of an update but generally the rooms are acceptable. I could even accept the absence of some of the little things that you find with most hotels, like a bath/shower mat and a napkin when dining. I can even accept the basic standard of food – season vegetables turned out to be a spoonful of froozen peas and 5 new potatoes. Hardly seasonal but hey ho that one goes down to experience, I should have asked when I ordered!
It is the general lack of service and care for the business traveller which I find unacceptable. I arrived for breakfast at 7:15 to find the reception area and restaurant deserted and in darkness. A member of staff was in the kitchen but he told me that breakfast didn’t start until 8:00 am. The latest I have experienced in other hotels was 7:00 am. After my protests the member of staff prepared me a basic cooked breakfast (for which I paid extra).
After breakfast I was told that no one would be available to check me out until 8:00am – not good as I needed to be away by no later than 8:00 am. The staff member check the ‘books’ and said that my bill had been paid, which I knew it hadn’t so I decided to wait until 8:00. After waiting until 8:20 the kitchen member of staff went to the staff accommodation to get someone to check me out. When this person arrived I was left with the impression he had just got out of bed!
Being a business traveller I need 3 things. A breakfast at a reasonable time, checkout at a reasonable time (so that I can get to work on time), and a receipt to reclaim my expenses from my employer. Unfortunately there was no receipt book and as such I couldn’t be provided with one. Overall this hotel failed on these points.
I expressed my unhappiness and received a very nice ‘sorry’, but somehow it didn’t feel genuine. Wish I had read the reviews on tripadvisor before using this hotel. I certainly won’t be back.

I suspect that this hotel has a limited future. Witout staff who are committed to customer service and have enthusiasm I can't see how it can survive

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business