“Hotel not as described!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Evesham
Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here last night unfortunately, the hotel is very run down and in need of some love. We arrived on Sunday afternoon only to be questioned about our booking and our heart sank thinking it was going to be another occasion of double booking. Once our booking was found, we were shown to our room, room 3. The bathroom was a joke, light hanging from socket above the shower, generally very dirty and the toiletries supplied where a half large bottle of bubble bath and shampoo which had obviously been used by other people. Large stain on the bedroom carpet, extension lead across the room, broken pullout bed which our 9 year old son had to sleep on. Generally outside areas vey untidy, decking very neglected.

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was very nice and have eaten in the restaurant on many occasions with only good comments to make, hence I didn't feel the need to check tripadviser reviews before our visit but I will in future.

The hotel was very noisy due to creaking floorboards and doors banging. Coffee and tea in the corridor outside the room and was told by the owner lady that this was new health and safety rules, but we stayed in a better hotel 2 weeks ago and tea and coffee facilities in the room, think it is just another example of lack of customer service.

Having ventured out in to the corridor in my pj,s, I found all the cups dirty so had to wash before I could make a drink. This was the last straw, so we didn't even stay to try the breakfast and just left, thankfully never to return.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Caroline N
There are newer reviews for Riverside Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday night and we had a brilliant time. Yes, the hotel is a little worn, but Debbie, Little Brian, Big James and Callum made the stay truly memorable. I stay in hotels all around the world and this one was "quirky" but if you are prepared to join in and engage with the staff, you will have a great time too. Thanks for a great day and evening Debbie and we hope to see you all again very soon.

Room Tip: Room one has the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've stayed in better hostels. The room was in need of some decoration (unless the holes in the bathroom wall were in place of the extractor fan?) Breakfast was so bad that other guests in the room walked out. It is run by a phantom manager who doesn't have a clue. Stay in the Northwick Hotel, it's much nicer, closer to the small town and still beside the river.

9  Thank Colleen D
Reviewed May 19, 2013

/We have just returned from 2 nights at this hotel. When we arrived because there was a little mix up with the booking the owner very kindly upgraded us to the penthouse (which was beautiful) and also gave us a three course meal each and a bottle of wine for free. The meal was absolutely delicious. I must say this hotel is really nice and the owner and her staff could not have been more hospitable. The countryside around is beautiful also. We shall definately return hopefully in August for my birthday.

The only down side I would say was that there were too many people looking for something to critisize, why don't you get a life and relax!!! IT WAS GREAT Jane n Andy

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked to go away with friends on a cheap break and that's what we got.
I think we all have different views so make up your own mind.
Booking in more than shambolic.
Staff trying.....extremely.
Food,whilst evening meal flavoursome and well presented we had to wait in excess of an hour and a half for restaurant to open....no reason why.Breakfast worse than awful...raw eggs and if I had seen the kitchen before eating I would not have eaten as there was no hygiene rating on display but if there had been it would have been a NOUGHT.
Hotel and bedrooms there is being an attempt to upgrade but higgly piggly with long term neglect extremely evident.
A hotel I would go out of my way to avoid.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank LovelyLady13
Reviewed May 9, 2013

No I know why they use the photograph to market this hotel......it is miles away, on the other side of the river. Any closer and you would see exactly what it really looks like.
I visit Evesham regularly and decided to try a new Hotel. As we approached the hotel and caught our first sight of it, my heart sank. We went in and was met with a hoover in the middle of the walkway, a discarded plate and cutlery left on top of a side board. We found a man behind the Bar who was half cut but the only person about.
On being taken to our room, we were met by the 'Cleaner' who was in the kitchen of the suite. Clearly p.....ed off, she was attempting to clean. We arrived at 4pm, 2 hours after I was told we could check in by. Comforted by the fact that she must have only just started, within minutes she had left. It was still mucky, with food in the sinks plug, the toaster didnt look like it had ever been cleaned/wiped. The lounge looked nice, though all the cushions were all over the place with stains on them. The floors were grubby, vinyl and the carpet. Broken banisters up to the bedroom.
We decided to walk down to the river using the side stairs. OMG, uneven slabs, a hose reel all over the floor, large ashtrays filled up with cigarette buts and water. Dog ends all over the grass, lights falling off brackets, honestly it was awful.
We knew we couldn't stay and I felt angry that I had been mis-sold a lovely hotel, it was a pit and I cannot imagine how anyone can say that they were happy with it. Different standards I guess, but really, cleanliness is the minimum isn't it?
No-one was around to complain to, we told someone we couldn't stay and told them some of the reasons. She very unhelpfully told us that she didnt think we would get our money back!
I am still pursuing that channel as I have received no responses to my letters.
I categorically recommend you do not stay here. The Evesham Hotel, just off Waterside is 100% better and not much dearer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Wifelet
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have never been to a place like it! It was so whacky! We had a really good time and it was like Fawlty towers! The hotel does need a make over. Our room was pleasant enough and clean.
The food in the evening was really good. The breakfast was ok.
If you want a good laugh and something different then you should go!! Debbie and Brian are not what you would expect from people running a hotel, but in this day and age you need a bit of fun!!
We really enjoyed our stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Turtle room and everything worked!!
2  Thank Sue H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
The Elms
The Elms
#1 of 1 in Abberley

Been to Riverside Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!