“Very pleasent welcoming and friendly stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Evesham
Haselor Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Evesham B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“Very pleasent welcoming and friendly stay.”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our stay was amazing. We were made to feel very welcome.
It has a lovely homely atmosphere due to the effort and dedication from Jackie.
On our arrival Jackie warmly welcomed us, we were shown the breakfast room and the comfy lounge and given the key to our room and the front door before we were taken to our room.
Our room was large with a very comfortable double bed, a settee in the bay window which overlooked the gardens and fields. (beautiful) There is ample hanging space for clothes in the wardrobe also a large chest of draws. An on suite with toilet, wash basin and shower. (which was lovely) Towels were provided, also soap and shampoo for those who forgot their own. There is also a shareable bathroom on the landing which has a good sized bath.
There was a kettle and ample tea, coffee, sugar and biscuits in our room .There is a fridge on the landing which always has a bottle of fresh milk in it, much better than the small not enough UHT milk things which are always warm. The tray on top holds small milk jugs to which you can help yourself to and take to your room as much or as little milk as and when you want it. I found this part of the charm and thoughtfulness of the house/home and a great foresight on behalf of Jackie. (It is also good for keeping a bottle of wine in!) The house its self is full of charm and character and her family photographs are on display. Which adds to the character. Jackie is extreamly knowledgable of the activities and places of interest in and around the area.
Our small,old,and well behaved (ok, most of the time!) and loved dog Bonnie was also made most welcome. She was allowed to stay with us in our room in her own bed, which we had taken with us. She enjoyed the freedom of the medow and garden, and of course , as responsible dog owners we cleaned up her mess.
Our breakfast consisted of a choice of cereals or porridge, followed with a full english breakfast, followed by toast. There was as much orange juice, tea or coffee as was needed and extra toast if required. This was a great start to your day.
If asked for, Jackie would make variations, eg. scrambled egg on toast, poached eggs etc. She is very willing to try and meet and satisfy the needs of her guests.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay which is welcoming, quiet, has character, a homely feel, and good food,this is the place for you.
During our stay there was a family consisting of a Mum, Dad, two very young children and a Grandma, these also were catered for, as individually as could be. If Jackie had it or could do it for you, she would.
Well done Jackie, and Thank you again for making our stay such a welcoming one.
If we come into your area again we WILL be staying with you. ( If you are not full !)
Kindest Regards from Jennifer and Philip Scriver.

Room Tip: Sorry, I rated the swimming pool and fitness center by mistake. This B & B does NOT have these...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at the B&B for 12 weeks while working in the area. I had a single room which had all i needed, was impressed that there was always fresh milk availiable instead of those horrible UHT milk things!
During my stay nothing was ever too much for Jackie. We would have a lovely chat when i got back from work sometimes, which I really appreciated being such a long way from home and not knowing anyone in the area. It just added the extra personal touch for me, that in a hotel I wouldn't have had. On my days off from work, Jackie would suggest local areas to visit, all of which were beautiful. The village of Broadway and also a long walk on the Cotswolds being my favourites. She had great local knowledge.
I only had breakfast there on my last couple of days there, but wished I could've had more! The breakfast was delicious, good choice of cereals, toast and a full cooked option, as well as fruit juice and tea/coffee. The thing I liked about Haselor Farm was the option for me to use the kitchen facilities upstairs for my dinner. This was brilliant for me as after a long day at work, I did not want to go back out to a pub or restaurant to eat dinner by myself!
The bathroom was not ensuite for the room I was in, but this did not make any difference to me as it was always clean and fresh.
All in all my stay was very pleasant and very personal. I am now sending some of my colleagues to train in that area and have booked them into Haslor farm because I know they will be looked after! And would always look to stay there myself if I was to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We arrived and Jackie was pleasant but obviously stressed due to running the farm single hand. Our room was not one of the rooms on the website and was very disappointing. Probably the worse room in the house. It was reasonably clean to a degree but a large dirty mark left on the rug in the middle of the room was unacceptable and we paid an extra £15 for a single bed for our son but in fact was a camp bed and a very old camp bed and not at all steady as the support it had underneath buckled several times which was very scary for our son and for ourselves. Also it clearly states on the internet site for the B&B that all rooms are en suite. This is not true. We had to share a communal bathroom and one morning waited for 20 minutes to use the bathroom which is not ideal for a 3 year old child. When on arriving home we realised that we had left our phone chargers in the room and when I telephoned Jackie to ask her to forward them on she insisted on our card details to pay for the post and package. This was mostly maddening as we had spent nearly £400 on our 3 night stay. The breakfast was also a disappoinment and when I asked for fruit for breakfast I was told quite off hand that they do not have fruit and cereals are provided but was not at all fresh. It was a disappointment and a waste of our well earned money. We shall not be returning and will never recommend this B&B to any freinds or family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
, Owner at Haselor Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Im afraid this review is from the same family who posted the previous negative review, they seem obsessed in trying to ruin my reputation. Firstly we farm just under 800 acres so I dont know where they get the idea that I run the farm single handed as well as the b & b! When booking I explained that all my ensuite rooms were booked and they would have to share a bathroom, also children under 12 years a charge of £15.00 is payable. I offered them a lovely spacious room, also saying it is normally a double but I could put a camp bed up for their son which they were quite happy with. Their comment about it being the worst in the house is totally unjust. This room is 19 foot by 15feet, it has a new cream leather double sofa, dressing table, large coffee table, headboard with side tables, wall lighting, plus two picture lights plus pendulum in the centre, all iron rustic to go with the room, plus cupboard for hanging clothes, fully carpeted, 22inch tv, lovely views across the land, cows and calves can be seen happily grazing, it also has beams in the ceiling. I have also to add the camp bed is new and only been used about 3 times, I even put a duvet next to the mattress which is 5inches thick to make her son even more snug.

The comment about the phone chargers - perhaps the lady in question would check her statement before FALSELY accusing me of taking money. (any previous guests leaving anything behind normally apologise for any inconvenience caused and actually offer to pay) I went to enormous trouble to pack these up, take them 2 miles down the road, have them weighed so they didnt have to pay extra, all the same day FREE OF CHARGE only to have my name blackened, an apology and perhaps thankyou would have been nice.

Also, just for the record, they forgot to mention the WINDOW THEY BROKE before leaving, this has caused no end of work and expense.
During their 3 night stay, they did not complain once. Had they done so I would have done my best to rectify any problems raised. I am very upset about their hurtful unjust comments.

I hope all future guests reading this will also read my other reviews which I hope gives a much clearer picture of what Haselor Farm has to offer. THANK YOU.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

A very friendly place to stay. We had 4 very good nights with Jackie. On arrival she brought us a cup of tea to our room and asked if there was anything else we needed. She told us of
some places to have our evening meal, all of which were very good,gave us some local
knowledge of events happening whilst were staying, was very interested in how our day had
gone and also booked one of our evening meals. It was a lovely farmhouse full of character and we were very well looked after during breakfast and our whole stay. Ideal location for
the Cotswolds. She even gave me a pot of home made Damson Jam (which was delicious).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very disappointed with our room. Stained rug in the middle of the floor. No towel rail in the pokey little bathroom, clean towels plopped on a chair in the bedroom. Sugar kept in a cleaned out mayonnaise jar and only just enough coffee for 4 cups. No fruit or yoghurt for breakfast. My daughter-in-law asked Jackie if she had any shampoo and was told "You're supposed to bring your own". We have stayed in many B&Bs and shampoo and conditioner (and hairdryers) are always supplied. The owner Jackie seemed stressed out and on our last day we had to knock on the kitchen door to ask for more coffee and toast. Because we had to wait so long for our coffee and toast we were fifteen minutes late leaving our rooms. Jackie actually said to us "You're supposed to be out by ten o'clock". She was very rude and I would definitely not recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria D
, Owner at Haselor Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
I simply have to reply to this most hurtful review. Firstly the room in question is No. 3 on my website so please everyone judge for yourself, its a lovely spacious room overlooking the grounds, tea/coffee etc are readily displayed. Shampoo/shower cream are in special containers fixed to the shower cubicles in most rooms. The comment about vacating the room, i.e. "because we had to wait so long for our coffee and toast we were 15 minutes late leaving our rooms" well Im sorry, Im almost laughing, its so untrue,I dont know how they could say that and I certainly was not rude. There were no signs of them leaving at 11.15 am and obviously the reason why 10 am is checking out time is because there is so much work to be done preparing for new guests arriving so I felt a knock on their door was justified and I explained that I needed to start on their room, Im sorry if they took exception to this, and I repeat I certainly was not in any way rude.
Dorset
Reviewed August 26, 2011

What an excellent farmhouse bed & breakfast in the heart of the Vale of Evesham. Easy to find with good directions supplied. Warm welcome with a welcome cup of tea! The old farmhouse was nicely appointed. We were well looked after and the breakfast was super. A good touring centre for the Cotswolds.
We thoroughly recommend Haselor Farm

Room Tip: The double ensuite room is large and roomy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at Haselor Farm for 4 nights with our 2 children we arrived on Thiursday night and was greeted by Jackie who asked if we had any likes/dislikes for breakfast and then showed us to our room. We Stayed in room No 4 which was more than adequate for us comfy and lovely and clean. Jackie kindly offered to make a cuppa and also offered us some bakewell tarts. The breakfast was delicious & hearty and Jackie always checked that you didnt want for anything there was cereals. orange juice cooked breakfast and toast with lovely homemade jam. She also advised us on places to go and was interested in finding out what you were doing fot the day. She was very accommodating with our children and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore
The Northwick Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
#5 of 11 in Evesham

Been to Haselor Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!