“First Class Food”

Barrington's Brasserie
Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Broadway
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lygon Arms Hotel is home to Barrington's, an intimate all day dining 35 seat brasserie serving English classics and modern European cuisine. Pop in for brunch from 10am, lunch from midday, Tea and cake every afternoon from 2pm to 5pm or join us for a la carte dining from 5pm. Alfresco dining available when the weather permits.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had lunch here, we had booked ahead but were suprised to find the restaurant very quiet for a Saturday lunch time. We had faultless and very friendly service. The choices on the menu were very limited, especially for me as I do not eat fish and over half the choices were fish based. I am usually a fan of a small menu as it tends to mean it is all freshly cooked and this certainly was, however it was a little too limited.

The meal I chose was the belly pork, it was expertly cooked but very simple (served with horesradish mash and a handful of baby carrots) and I felt that for the price being charged it should be a little more complex in it's flavours and construction. My husband had the monkfish, which he enjoyed but also felt did not represent great value.

The desserts were pleasant but unexceptional and my rhubarb crumble had a lot of "woody bits" in it.

Overall I would say you cannot fault the level of service and the food was generally good quality but the retaurant does not offer value for the prices it charges as a result it was very quiet which meant it lacked atmosphere and ambience.

dan1515, Manager at Barrington's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Luke's on Tripadvisor. I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future, especially as we have a new menu. As Restaurant Manager it is helpful to receive feedback at the time, and hope if you return you feel able to approach me with any concerns. Daniel, Mgr.

There are newer reviews for Barrington's Brasserie

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just had dinner at Luke's.
Limited choice but very good food and lovely service.
Sarah was a quick, efficient and friendly waitress and Daniel was helpful and welcoming.
Warm friendly atmosphere with a gentle fire and lit candles.
All in all a very pleasant evening.
I would be happy to eat here any time.

I am delighted you enjoyed Luke's.. thank you for such a positive review. Daniel

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had the most delicious lunch at Lukes this past Mothers day, the quality and service was top class, everything from the Scallops that were cooked to perfection, to the mouth watering beef and roast potatoes...I have no clue what they did to those potatoes, but they are quite possibly the best potatoes i've ever eaten, to the chocolate dessert, it really went above expectations. I wish Lukes had been there when I used to live in the village, but i'm only half an hour away, so I will definitely be going back. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more attentive, nothing was too much trouble, and everything with a smile, just the way I like it. Top marks from me all round ;-)

Thank you for your positive review.. and hope to welcome you back soon. Daniel

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked for myself and my husband to celebrate a birthday and I was so pleased I did! The food is excellent but what sets this restaurant apart from others is the service. The manager Dan introduced himself and made us very welcome from the outset and his knowledge of the wine list was very impressive. The goats cheese and beetroot starter is divine but the scallops are out of this world (yes I tried both!). I had the seabass for my main and the fish tasted like it had been caught that day it was so so fresh. If you are after a quiet, cosy little restaurant with no stuffiness but excellent food and wine then this is for you! Thanks Luke's Broadway, we will be back!

dan1515, Manager at Barrington's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed Luke's, and thank you for taking the time to review. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Daniel.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visiting Broadway, came across Luke's Broadway. What a great find. From the moment we went in and we were met by the Manager Daniel. He showed us to a fab table by the fire. ( it's a must, so cosy) The food is second to none and delivered by Daniel in a friendly and relaxed manner. He explained about Luke Thomas the 20 year old chef, who after googling him is the next big thing!! I can see why. And with the professional and excellence of staff like Daniel it can only succeed. Loved it. Thanks Luke's Broadway!! We will be back .

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are pleased you enjoyed Luke's so much. Daniel