“Perfect for morning coffee”

Leaf & Bean Tea and Coffee Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Broadway
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We happened across Leaf & bean during a trip between family in Gloucester and the midlands. What a fabulous place. A really warm welcome on a cold day and a lovely seat for us to cosy into with a little toddler man in between. The whole team were fabulous, looking after us very attentively, even when the youngster dropped his yummy cake - immediately popping over with a replacement. thanks! I should add that I'm VERY fussy about my coffee, and the extra strong latte was first class and absolutely no bother. We'll definitely pop in again when visiting the area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This cafe is tucked away near the bottom of the High Street, though you do pass it going to and from the main P&D car park. It hasn't been open long (the shop was a hairdressing salon for many years), and it certainly isn't the most immediately prepossessing space - long and narrow, with the serving area to the rear. But it is worth taking a chance on - we have been in several times, and now make it our first port of call in Broadway. Their coffee is some of the best we've ever tasted anywhere; their cakes are good, and come in generous servings; and they do lovely breakfast baps which I heartily recommend on a cold grey morning. We have always found the staff cheerful and attentive, and we think the place provides good value for money. I'm surprised that someone complained about them not allowing in dogs - even in Broadway, surely the doggiest village I know, I'm not aware of any cafes that do welcome dogs, not least because non-doggy patrons would probably object! Give them a try - they deserve to succeed.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My visit to Leaf & Bean was a pleasure from start to finish. All of the staff were extremely attentive and made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in. Their 'Indulgent Hot Chocolate' was absolutely delicious and a dream for any chocoholic on a cold day! The selection of food they have to offer is fantastic and was topped off with a brilliant selection of homemade cakes. All of the staff were extremely accommodating and I definitely plan on making regular visits to the cafe when I'm in the area!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Leaf and Bean was a lovely surprise!! We stumbled across it on a trip to Broadway and were thrilled with the friendly, smiling staff working at the coffee shop.
The service was great considering that it was very busy when we were there so we were really pleased with the attentive service.

We were told that the cakes were all homemade and you could really tell! Delicious Lemon Drizzle!!! Lovely coffee, lovely cakes and lovely service - couldn't ask for more.
I'm taking my mum for a cream tea there on Mothers Day!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

...and I mean, quite literally, empty - apart from the waitress eating soup. Its cold, unwelcoming decor with tiled floor and dull lighting is not a good start.

To add to that, dogs are not welcome, even if you offer to 'tuck into a corner'.

And they wonder why they are empty (and Tisanes next door was half full).

How not to do it.

Leaf_and_Bean_Lounge, Owner at Leaf & Bean Tea and Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you didn't feel that you had a good experience at Leaf & Bean. Sadly the reason that we do not allow dogs is because of a situation that occurred (at a time when we did allow dogs) between a dog and a child in the coffee lounge. We really feel that we have to please the majority of our customers and put their safety first. Guide dogs are of course always welcome!
We would love you to return to Leaf and Bean and enjoy some coffee and cake. Hopefully next time we will exceed your expectations.