“Excellent end to our trip”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was at the end of a month long trip to the UK and we were ready to go home, we'd stayed at a few places this has to be the best, good service, nice room, really tasty food and the setting perfect. If we ever go back to the UK we'd stay there again, well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This small hotel is on the green at Broadway it is in an excellent position in the village and it provides really good accommodation. From the moment we arrived we were treated so very well with courtesy and friendliness it was like you were returning home. The room we had was a twin that faced out onto the garden it was well equipped and looked really welcoming. There was a tea tray and the bathroom provided molten brown toiletries which were very nice. We had a bed, breakfast and evening meal deal. The dinner was served in the brasserie a conservatory type building in what had been a courtyard. Again the staff were lovely, my friend had an excellent meal of soup, lamb and lemon meringue. My souffle was a little bland and the pork very dry but the food was still good despite this. Breakfast was a combination of cold buffet and cooked to order english which again was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room at the back as they are very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a reunion of friends. The hotel looked nice from the outside and it had parking. I walked in and a lady was gfurrowto show me to my room (my partner has already checked in). As I struggled through the first door with my 3 bags and suit bag, she continued to lead me through the narrow stairways and doors eith NO OFFER OF HELP to relieve me of any article I'm carrying. Not even the suit bag.

I've travelled far (Hertfordshire) and went for a shower. The shower was good but the toiletries incomplete. There was no body lotion. For the price of each room, I expect it to have at least a shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and body lotion.

Pre-dinner drinks at the bar were good. Dave and James were very helpful. Dinner at the restaurant was ok. The black pudding starter was the best one. The tbone steak was tasty. However the coffee brulee was a disappointment. No flavour. It was just like eating double cream. The biscotti served with it could be used as a weapon it was so hard. The bar closed at 1130 and we were charged £25 corkage for deciding to open an expensive bottle of whisky we got as a gift.

The staff were not having a good day. The bar manager got defensive when I called him by his name. Asking me how i knew his name with a frown on his brow. I answered, "Uhmm..the name tag (I pointed at the left side of his shirt) says BEN"

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Popped in for lunch with friends. Very nice sandwiches but the guy behind the bar does not smile, at all! To be honest, he shouldn't be serving drinks with such a charmless demeanour. I like the hotel but the some staff need a lesson in P R !!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bunny38
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon we thought we would like to have another visit many years later. It was just as lovely as it was then. The food was excellent and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're looking for a central location and a quiet getaway - I highly recommend Broadway and the Broadway Hotel. We were there on Easter Weekend - so it looked fully booked. We received personal and friendly service - a nice snack in the bar and excellent dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The room was a mini-suite, with a nice sitting room separated from the bedroom. Really like the town of Broadway - again, quiet, uncrowded - nice shops.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying here during weeks away from home with work. I always look forward to staying. Great quality of rooms, food and service excellent. A little gem hidden away in the Cotswolds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Lygon Arms
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!