Abbots Grange
East House(Broadway)
Windrush House(Broadway)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfour poster bedcomplimentary tea and cakeround tableother guestscomplimentary portcentury manorafter dinner drinksprivate bathroomon arrivalroaring firebeautiful buildingbirthday surprisenight capsteeped in historyvery special placelarge tablelovely grounds
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recently held my 50th birthday celebration at Abbots Grange, and could not have asked for a more special setting and hospitality. Topsy and her team of charming helpers ensured that my birthday dinner and entire experience was one to remember - Guy, chef from Huffkins tearooms - had been drafted in to prepare the fantastic feast.
I cant thank them enough for making me and my 6 friends so welcome.
All of this and in a setting fit for a film location - forget Downton Abbey, Abbotts Grange is the one to visit!
Thank you Topsy from me and my daughter.

Room Tip: All the rooms are special - its difficult to choose!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at Abbots Grange, and again we came away feeling relaxed, well looked after and more than happy with the experience. Personally I find Michael T's comments highly offensive, Topsy and Faith are fantastic hosts and the description given by Michael of Topsy is both derogatory and far too personal for a tripadvisor review (not to mention completely unfounded!).
This visit we stayed in the Monet room, a stunning room, with lots of lovely touches. This is the only room without an ensuite, although it has a fabulous private bathroom just a few steps across the landing. I am hoping to return to try out the 2 rooms we haven't tried yet! Breakfasts are
ample and delicious. The grounds are superbly kept, the Grand Hall is just that and the complimentary drinks/roaring fire made returning after our evening meal a real pleasure. Thank you...Hope to return soon. Helen & Paul

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

What a beautiful setting... however upon approaching the B&B to enquire re prices etc, I was approached by the owner with her arms crossed asking me what I wanted. When I said I was making enquires she asked me to get it off the internet and closed the door. Her attitude was astonishing for someone in a 'public service' industry. I did ring to express my dismay at her hostile approach, to which she said she did not take kindly to the fact I was using my mobile on her property. I was simply getting directions from my sister in law and had not realised I was already on her property as I had not entered the gates....she told me to take my business elsewhere and put the phone down. How sad to have this attitude to potential clientele.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank Eileen A
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had a lovely stay in the Abbots Grange recently. Beautiful setting with loads of history and the building is full of character and charm. We had a lovely room with a 4 poster bed, very clean with a modern bathroom. Had a warm welcome and had coffee and cake delivered to our room shortly after arrival.
Had a variety of choices for breakfast from cereals, fruit juice and yoghurt through to a choice of hot food. The breakfasts were very well cooked and served with a smile. Lots of food to set us up for the rest of the day exploring.
The Great Hall was stunning and the free sherry, port and whiskey (or soft drinks) an added bonus.
Would not hesitate to return again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have just returned with my wife from a 3 night stay at Abbot Grange. The property is unique with incredible historic character and situated in the most delightful grounds and setting. We stayed in a lovely 4 poster room (The Millett) which was spacious and very comfortable. There was a slight issue with feathered pillows which I am allergic to, but after pointing this out to Richard the co owner, he went out and very promptly produced 4 non allergy pillows which were very comfortable.,The medieval hall and its grand log fire is a wonderful place to relax , particularly during the evenings. Breakfasts were very good and the service from the whole staff was warm and friendly. I would certainly return again to the Grange and would not hesitate to recommend it to fellow travellers. Go and give it a try for a short break.You will not be disappointed. ps. if you love Real Ale then head to the Crown and Trumpet PH across the road.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Millett room from which is attached a flag pole . Overlooks the grounds. Perfect.........
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple