“Beautiful !”
Review of Hadley House

Hadley House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadway
Hadley House
Ranked #15 of 30 Broadway B&B and Inns
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful !”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed at Hadley House for 3 nights in May can not fault it at all! Beautiful room, friendly people, lovely breakfast, had the twin room with my mum, lovely room and en-suite very very clean everywhere, good value for money as in one of the most beautiful Cotswolds villages we saw! Will defiantly be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St Ives, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I travel on business around the entire UK and always look to get as high a standard as possible at a reasonable price. I am reluctant to provide this business review as it may result in the popularity increasing so much as to preclude me from staying in the future. Exceptional welcome (arrived very late due to travel disruption...but I was still welcomed with a smile and hearty handshake), excellent room; decor; service; breakfast; bed QUIET! and car parking too. Unfortunately I was away early the next day so did not manage to sample the delights of Broadway. However, I will make Hadley House my frequent stay base for the future.
Many thanks to Linda & Duncan.
PS English Breakfast was full on!

Room Tip: Sorry, I was allocated a room and accepted that. I will wite another review if I get to stay in dife...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Keilson F
Kiama, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We only had one night at Hadley House and it was our first B&B experience. If we could have stayed longer we would have - we arrived without a booking in the mid afternoon and were given the choice of rooms. We chose the ground floor room with a little sitting area and paid only £70 for the night. The bed was comfortable, the room was spotless and Linda and the staff were wonderful. Breakfast was just lovely.

Leicestershire
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed at Hadley House from 22nd - 23rd September.

We were very suprised by the previous review, as our experience was the total opposite, i guess there is just no pleasing some people!

Location is perfect, just around the corner from the high street, in easy walking distance, which is handy if you have indulged in the fine shops, or indeed in the fine pubs!!

The room we stayed was more than comfortable. Decorated to a high, tasteful standard, with an extremely comfortable bed (infact when i commented on the bed to the lady owner, she told me that all the mattresses are brand-new!). There was more than enough room to house all of our "clothes/shoes" etc, and my good lady does like to take an assortment!

The bathroom was also a good size and more importantly was spotlessly clean........

I met both proprietors during our breakfast times, and they were more than friendly, giving us plenty of advice on where to go during our stay.

The breakfast was delicious. A choice of continental or full english, with branded cereals, as well as a fine collection of fresh fruit and fruit juices. We opted for a full english, and it was perfect, cooked just the way it should be.

The cost was extremely fair, when considering the standard, we have paid a lot more at some B&Bs that were not in the same league as Hadley House, we will not hesitate to retun here on our next visit to the Cotswolds.......

1 Thank LeicestershireJonny
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The room was very nice but very small. A dressing table with a bench that had to be moved in order to open the bathroom door, a television screen which is only visible from one side of the bed as the (very small) wardrobe is in the way, lack of drawers means you need to leave folded clothes in your suitcase, but there is no room for a case. Breakfast is acceptable in a minimalist way: continental or English, no options. The bed was very hard.
What really upset us was the fact that, during breakfast, someone had been in our room and started cleaning, replacing towels, moving our personal items - obviously they were in a rush to get us out. When trying to engage in conversation during breakfast with the owner, we got a single syllable response and she then left the room (there were three of them preparing breakfast and only two of us in the room, so she was not overworked at the time). When paying we were rapidly ushered out of the door. They were obviously in a hurry to get rid of us.

Room Tip: Check the web - there are other B&Bs in the area.
4 Thank Peter L
Manchester
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Lovely service and breakfast.Friendly staff and proprietors.Couldn't fault it for that. Only issue for us was the size of the room. the others looked spacious however given the length of our stay we struggled.More of a single room,struggled to pass each other.Ask for the bigger rooms or suite.

• Stayed August 2011
London
Reviewed August 30, 2011

It was our (mine and my boyfriend's) first time to the Cotswolds as well as my birthday weekend, so I was looking for something special. I couldn't have asked for a better Cotswold's experience! The B&B is just around the corner from the High Street, which is extremely convenient, but because it is not on the High Street, it is nice and quiet. The owners were very nice and even wished me a happy birthday when I first got there. They went out of there way to make us feel welcome and provided great recommendations of things to do. The B&B also has parking for its guests, which is great because not all of the ones I was looking at did.

The rooms were all very clean, nicely decorated and a decent size. There was a small wardrobe in ours, which was handy for our bags when we were out. Our bathroom was a bit small, but it did the job. There was a wide selection for breakfast, which was my concern since my boyfriend is EXTREMELY picky. He was able to eat a full breakfast every morning and was always satisfied.

All in all it was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay there again. I'd highly recommend it to someone looking for a B&B in Broadway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple