“Dinner”
Review of Lygon Wine Bar

Lygon Wine Bar
Ranked #25 of 41 Restaurants in Broadway
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Stayed at the Lygon Arms so decided to try the new Wine Bar. Great decor and nice to be able to not stand around and wait to be served as no Bar but table service which was instant and polite. I decided to order items from the menu as feeling peckish at 2100 so a couple of nibbles and a pizzetta were what was just enough and tasted great. Wonderful waitress, sorry did not get her name, chilled environment and well worth a visit when in Broadway. Ordered a glass of red also.........life couldn't get any better. Thank you

1  Thank Mark D
Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear AshleyRecManager, Thank you for your lovely kind words following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that you found our newly created environment relaxing. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed and dined at the Lygon Arms a few times but never in the Lygon wine bar...what a little gem. It was warm and inviting lit all around with candles. The staff were attentive and friendly, the food delicious and great for sharing. Can't think of a better place to enjoy good wine, good food and good times with friends.

Dear Snooprowlf, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read you found our team to be welcoming and attentive and your kind words about our food quality are truly appreciated and will be shared with Chef and his team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I had a delicious glass of Voigner in this restaurant which was outstanding. The food however, was nothing to write home about. Nothing particularly to complain with but nothing great either. I had crab linguine which was a bit one dimensional. It had lemon advertised in the dish but it tasted more like lemon oil than juice, the pasta was a touch overcooked and the dish needed some acidity, herbs and seasoning to lift it. I make crab linguine at home and it's much better.

All in all a meal for one, two courses with an ok Tiramasu and one glass of wine was £29 which included a 12.5% service charge. On the bill they then also asked for a gratuity which is cheeky as hell. Poor value.

1  Thank UKLouG
Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear UKLouG, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our delicious Viogner but was disappointed that your pasta dish did not meet expectations on this occasion. Rest assured I shall ask Chef to revisit this dish and recipe.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited the wine bar to celebrate our anniversary, we had heard good things and we were not disappointed. The staff were excellent from the moment we entered, we had a lovely table in the corner and as my wife would say "the ambience was perfect". The food was superb from the tasty starters and nibbles to the delicious mains, my sticky toffee pudding was unbelievable and if it hadn't of been our anniversary I would have laughed off my wife's request to "share"! We cannot wait to have a babysitter again so we can book our next visit and I can have a desert all to myself!

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Stuart D, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience. I was delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your meal and your kind words about our team are truly appreciated and will be passed on. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you get a chance of keeping your dessert all to yourself.....

Reviewed September 28, 2017

We popped into the Lygon Arms on a miserable September Day for some lunchtime refreshment. The venue is beautiful, full of character and big open fires ( sadly they weren't on). We sat in the snug, where we were left in peace to chat.

Graeme N, General Manager at Lygon Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Sally S, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your kind words about our recent refurbishment. I have a feeling with a cold snap ahead we will be lighting the fires soon.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.