“Fantastic sticky Jacobs ladder”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Greene Oak

The Greene Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greene Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 242 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Greene Oak is ideally situated on the edge of Windsor with easy access from the centre of town as well as local business parks and LegoLand, with ample free parking. The pub believes in using fresh,locally sourced food, simply prepared and beautifully presented for it's predominately British menus. A great place for lunch, dinner or a party with either friends, family or business colleagues.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic sticky Jacobs ladder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We booked a table last minute, when we arrived the staff were welcoming and when they realised I was pregnant they took extra care. I had alcohol free beer shandy and extra bread while we waited for our main. Honestly it was one of the best meals I have had. Slow cooked sticky Jacobs ladder- a very tender piece of beef, the vegetables were perfect. Staff were friendly and the place was clean and well decorated. Price was £50 for two if us including drinks and extra sides. Not bad at all. Would go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jo H

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Thursday evening was my second visit to this lovely restaurant and when in the area again I'll definitely be returning.

Service is good, staff are very helpful and pleasant making us feel at home and not at all rushed even though we turned up at 8.45 without a reservation.

The food is the real star, I'm surprised at the review that says the portions are small, on both occasions I haven't been able to finish my main because it was slightly too much for me. On both visits every course has been fantastic and my vegetarian friend had a couple of tasty options to choose from. Some of the tasty dishes we've enjoyed:

Crispy duck egg with asparagus and truffle
Salmon gravalax with vanilla and pink peppercorn dressing
Spiced pears, blue cheese and candied walnut salad
Basil macaroni cheese
Pork belly with glazed pig cheek and carrots two ways
Pineapple tart tartin and coconut ice cream (Amazing!!!)

For three of us each having a starter, main and sharing a dessert, along with a few glasses of bubbly and a couple of bottles of water, the bill came to £105.00. This is excellent value for high quality food. Can't wait to go back.

Winchester
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everything about the Greene Oak is good but not quite as good as it could be. The food is innovative if a bit lacking in quantity and imagination. The staff were OK without being overly helpful.

I also feel they could make more of the setting they are in.

I suppose I had high expectations and was therefore a bit disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
“Small portions over priced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have been coming to the restaurant since it opened as definitely the best food in town! however lately they have definitely reduced the portion size especially there starters, unfortunately it's gone from a nice dining experience to feeling like you have been ripped off! Come on Green Oak sort it out £8 for a a couple of cubes of goats cheese and a bit of beetroot Really!

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Always excellent service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've been to the Green Oak on several occasions and have been more than please with the qulaity of service and indeed the food.
It's not cheap...but then I do feel the quality of the food is reflected in the price. It's NOT pub grub so it can't be judged against that criteria.
I've had lunches and dinners here, for both business and pleasure, and the food is always fresh with daily specials and alternatives if they run out.
It has a welcoming atmosphere and I've always found it more than spot less. Service is attentive without becoming over bearing.

It's one of my go to local eateries when I want a sophisticated but not over priced/underfed evening or lunch.