“Ignorant!!!”

Cafe Rouge Windsor
Ranked #88 of 291 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Inspired by French cuisine and Parisienne bistro style. Cafe Rouge is your local bistro to enjoy delicious food and gorgeous glass of wine.
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

I came to this cafe because I wanted warmth from a cup of hot chocolate, since it was windy and cloudy outside. The rain has stopped but the wind still blew. And these ignorant waiters or manager, I don't care whichever he was but he was indeed super ignorant and had no idea about how to serve customer, they opened the door wide where the wind blew right to me. I complained to him and he just answered with, "No it's warm, not cold at all." Geez. Please guys just find another better cafe in the area, there are a lot of them. The hot chocolate and red velvet cake were not that good at all. What's the use of a hot beverage when you sat next to the wide open door?

1  Thank Erlinel M

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Like others have said, you will be a victim of corporate thinking. The perfectly nice staff are not to blame, they only work there. You will be enticed by location and decor to enter. The food there however will keep you from returning and looking for alternatives giving better value if you are a tourist for longer than a day. Windsor and Eton have better alternatives.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

Met family for lunch here. We had previously eaten in another Cafe Rouge and were really impressed with the Salad Nicoise so ordered again. When in turned up it didn't look like the same dish. No leaves - so ordered a side salad, and the whole thing was much smaller and no where near the excellent quality we enjoyed before. I guess it varies where you eat. We were very pleased we had a voucher. If we were paying full price we would have complained. A shame as the restaurant is well situated and the waitress was lovely.

1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband was taking me for lunch, we've never been to Cafe Rouge before and the outside sitting looked very lovely as noone else was out there so we had it to ourselves. Once seated it took a while for a server to come out to us and take our order so we had thought we made a bad decisions sitting outside but by the banging of china coming from inside we knew we made the quieter choice. Food was lovely once it actually came out but we did wait for it longer then it took us to eat it. We pretty sharply grabbed a servers attention to get the bill. It then took a futher 45mins for us to actually get the bill, pay and get out. The food was good, the service was terrible but will definitely try again .... in another town.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 577carlim
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Went there for lunch. On my own. Restaurant was nearly empty on my arrival but more customers soon arrived. All of who got their meal orders taken before me! In fact I had to flag down a waitress to take mine. It was as if I was invisible. I ordered an omelette & salad. The omelette was good but the salad was a disgrace. A small bowl of past its best green leaves about half a highly dodgy looking tomato and a radish that was going brown. Whole salad had the air & look of something that had been made the previous night or they were using ingredients that were less than fresh. Been many times before to this branch & always had good meal. This time both the service & a major part of the meal were of a very poor standard. So it ended up being a very expensive omelette. Very disappointing. Might give it a miss in future & try one of the other numerous restaurants in Windsor.

1  Thank Lindsay B