“Very good food in Windsor”
Review of A la Russe

A la Russe
Ranked #8 of 248 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern French & World cuisine in the heart of Windsor, just 200 meters away from the Castle. Exciting freshly prepared homemade food, created and served under the guidance of Chef-Patron Andre
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went to this restaurant with my wife and two children on a Friday night to celebrate my Wife's birthday. They had a great fixed price menu, which we were just in time for, but we opted to go A la carte, as we were celebrating. We ordered the Goats Cheese, Charcuterie board, Soup and a Duo of Terrine. The starters were all excellent and they even did a half portion of soup for my 4 year old son.
For the main we had the Sea Bass, Fillet Steak, Venison and they cooked a special Chicken dish with Broccoli for my 4 year old. They could not have been more accomodating. The food was good and by now all thoughts of the tasty dessert offerings were ended for me as I was very full. My 4 yr old had seen the Eton Mess being served to another table and insisted on ordering that (it was delicious) while my wife had an excellent, pear, chocolate and almond crumble. All in all a great meal in a lovely setting.
With drinks it worked out at just over £33 per head, which is very good value considering you are in fashionable Windsor.

5  Thank ManjUtd

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Great food every time I've been here. The service is lovely too, and nice beers are available on tap. The food is so reasonably priced and all cooked from fresh.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked here on a Thursday night for a party of 18. The place was busy with other parties too, and smaller tables - nice to see such a buzz on a weeknight. We were welcomed, everything was ready for us, our order was delivered without one single mistake (we had prebooked the meals to save time and make sure all was available), and the food was great, and quite interesting.Goats cheese pannacotta was a new taste to me - very good indeed. Careful attention to quality was noticeable - my colleague who knows about snails said the ones served were the best species available, not the cheaper lower quality ones you often get in restaurants, and the meat was good quality and tender. We were served quickly and efficiently and even had enough time for desserts in our 2 hours. My vegetarian colleague had a limited choice available (the no fish vegetarian option could do with perhaps some extra consideration) but liked that they came and talked to her about choices and she enjoyed what she had - a pea and mint soup followed by a spring vegetable risotto. With drinks (house red and white wine) it came to about £30 per head. Very good value for such a good meal. I would certainly come here again.

1  Thank MumTraveller
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great fixed price menu choices and the food is incredible. Now a regular for me when I want dinner with a French flavour

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went to Cornucopia with my son, his wife and our 6 year old granddaughter - on my son's recommendation. We all had an excellent meal. The food was out of the ordinary and yet did not put off anyone in the party. It is great to find quality food on offer like this, reasonably priced, in tourist hotspot like this.
We will return as it is not far from our son (and for readers, it has the benefit of being en-route to Heathrow!

2  Thank Peshawk