“Not good for the money we paid”
Review of Oscar Lodge

Oscar Lodge
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Backnang
“Not good for the money we paid”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed there 1 night and on the first sight it was a really nice room. When we came back we looked closer. The standart- lamp in the room was plugged in and there wasn't even an outlet for the lamp. The same thing with the kettle. The bathroom was clean but old and used. The window could not be closed. The Tv signal was poor. And to use the internet i had to go 2 stairs down because the signal was poor. The staff was nice.
we would not go there again particularly because of the high price of the room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 8, 2011

i have seen they reviews on this property i stayed there in feb 2011 with my partner my best friend and her parents at first i did not like this place but by the end of my trip i liked the place the staff were very friendly when we needed a taxi they would order one for us and we wouldnt be waiting for long the rooms were comfortable and clean and very cosy. i would stay there again

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank limerickgirll
Manchester
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I’ve just came back from a 4 night stay with friends, the service I received was amazing. it’s a ideal location for sightseeing around Windsor and perfect distance from the night life. all in all the hotel was great, and the price was even better!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Found and booked over the net. When we arrived the whole building had a stale cooking smell. The rooms were in need of a complete refurb not to mention a good CLEAN. Ensuites were the size of a cupboard. Beds looked and felt grimy. Towels were small and almost see through only 1 each. None of us [4 women travelling together] felt 'safe'.
Looked for alternate accommodation at the information centre and checked out about an hour after checking in - and had to pay for 1 night.
Very, very happy with alternate accommodation.
Would NOT recommend this establishment to anyone!!!
Our 'escape' did give us lots to laugh about afterwards as it was the worst place we had booked over the net and in eight weeks of travelling in the UK we thought that was reasonably good.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Maleny, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed here one night with my daughter. The location was good so close to the centre of Windsor, the staff were friendly and sorted out a mix up with the booking straight away but I wished I spent a bit more and stayed somewhere a bit nicer. There was a general down-market feel to the place with things not quite fixed or cleaned properly. The type of place you end up spending all evening out somewhere else then leave early the next day. Disappointing.

• Stayed September 2009
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I saw from the other reviews this was barebones and that's why I chose it. Big mistake! It wasn't barebones -- bad service would be a step up -- there was no service. And, whenever I had a problem and could find someone (they would often hide from me and other guests), I was told it was my fault and I had to figure out a remedy. Plus, it is right beside a school and I was often woken to loud sounds of either construction, school bells, or screaming children.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Guiseley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I usually try give good reviews .. but not for this one. I booked the Hotel online with Hotels.Com, for 1 nights stay at £55. This was because all the other Hotels in Windsor were fully booked..... The Hotel looked ok from the front, It has a small but ample car park at the rear. But as you enter the reception area you notice the poor decor and cleanliness. The Asian gentleman that booked me in and gave me my room key was polite and courteous. I stayed in a double room, purely because even though I was on my own I like a large bed... I was put in room 11 on the top floor, the decor throughout the hotel can only be described as "shabby " and poorly maintained. My room was ample size, but this was the only positive. The furniture was like something from a second hand / charity store. The bed linen was thread bare, and had stains. The walls had various stains and marks on them. There was no central heating only a small portable electric heater. The bathroom was to the same level of cleanliness as the bedroom... I didn't even bother with breakfast, I thought it was the safest bet... I travel on business all over the world and have stayed in various levels of accommodation from the best to the worst.. This hotel most definitely rates in t the worst category... I don't like writing poor or negative reviews or feedback, but I feel its only right to let someone else know. Because if I'd read a review that was a true reflection on this hotel before I booked it, I would have saved myself £55...
so yes I've learnt a lesson, when you book a hotel in the middle of one of the most beautiful and historical places in our fantastic country. And the cost is only £55 bed and breakfast, it's not because it's value for money and a quality establishment... so as my dad used to say, you get what you pay for in life. So next time I'll pay more and get more....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business