“Average Hotel Stay”

Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location is outstanding but it does not get any better from there. Our room was up several sets of stairs and very hard to get to with bags. It took two days to get a working TV. I would highly suggest viewing your room before moving in.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room location before leaving the front desk. Our room was up several sets o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Robert H,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Windsor.

I was sorry to read that your TV was not working during your stay and have addressed this with my housekeeping and maintenance team, as the TV checks are part of our daily routines, but clearly did not happen for you. Please accept my apologies for this.

Some of our rooms are not straight forward to access, as the grade 2 listing of the building limits what we can change, but manage this well, with luggage service available 24 hours a day and all easy access requests accommodated.

Please let me know when you get to travel over from Birmingham, Alabama next and I will personally oversee your reservation and allocate a lower floor room for you.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at this hotel. We chose it as it was nicely centrally located in Windsor. The rooms were a bit dated, however they were clean & the staff were friendly & helpful. The full English Breakfast was indeed 'full' & we were able to sit by the river & watch the scenery. If you are using the train for travel, it is a short walking distance away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear cgycda,

thank you very much for this great review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was very happy to read your excellent comments on the team and have made sure they have seen your comments, as our guest feedback means a lot to them.

The location and river view does help to make a stay special and I am glad you got to watch the scenery and see some Swans.

Hopefully you have reason to travel from Calgary again soon and we will be your Windsor hotel choice next time as well.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and two young sons two weeks ago for a family wedding. A lovely hotel, room was great. Wedding was well catered for and the setting next to the river is very picturesque. Breakfast was good quality. Not enough bar staff would be my only niggle but that's a common one from me! Not cheap but worth the money for a night anyway. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Andy H,

thank you very much for this lovely review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended and your breakfast the next day, as well as your bedroom for the family.

I have shared your comments about extra bar staff with my food and beverage manager to ensure we look at our rota's for any future functions.

Thank you for saying you would definitely stay again; I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My mum and I went for a 'spa day' on her birthday. Unfortunately it wasn't the spa it made out to be. With one jacuzzi, no sauna, no steamroom and no pool - we were pretty stumped as to what you are meant to do all day. The jacuzzi was basically falling apart and the buttons didnt work - there was a nasty noise coming out of it which was less than relaxing for a 'spa'. It was also outside - luckily it wasn't a rainy day... but not sure what you'd do if the weather was bad.

Luckily we both had treatments - 1 massage and 1 facial which were nice.

The staff seemed inconvenienced by us - maybe because we had a voucher and were not actually giving them any money on the day. When asking for another towel I felt a bit like a criminal. They were generally rude and didn't live up to their promises. One lady said she'd come back with some products that we were genuinely interested in buying - she never did. Another lady promised to show us to the restaurant where we'd be served our afternoon tea - again, nothing.

We had afternoon tea which was lovely - but again the staff were moody and didn't seem to care much about us. The afternoon tea took a lot longer than expected and when we asked for a re-fill of tea it came long after we had finished.

The actual afternoon tea was delicious and I couldn't pick fault with that!

If you have the opportunity to do a spa day on a voucher - i wouldn't bother - there are a lot better spas out there (that actually have the right to call themselves a spa!).

Note: we did not stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alicehappy
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear alicehappy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to our Wren’s Club and Thames View Restaurant.

I was very concerned to read your comments regarding our facilities in the Club and have looked in to the details of your booking in some more detail.

We really pride ourselves in making sure that all our advertising is open and honest, so that all guests know what services to expect when they visit us. I double checked all our details on our own website, as well as on Spabreaks.com, to make sure they were correct and all our facilities for the gym, outdoor Jacuzzi, sauna and relaxation room are advertised correctly. I am very sorry that this was not in line with your expectation, when you came in for the ‘mini indulgence’ treatments booked.

All our equipment is serviced regularly and I have personally checked the outdoor Jacuzzi this morning to confirm it is in perfect working order; as your visit was on 4th August I have struggled to find out if there were any issues on that date.

Our customer service is normally our strength throughout the building and we focus on exceeding guest expectation and provide friendly and professional service. Please let me apologise that this was not the case for you and let me re-assure you that I have shared your comments with the team.

Thank you for the positive feedback on the quality of the treatments and the afternoon tea, which I really appreciate.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed for one night with husband for our anniversary & to visit our grandson in Eaton. Brilliant quick check-in by very friendly staff & our bag carried for us to a very lovely room. Unfortunately on our return to the hotel at night I had a bad fall & cut my face badly in several places. The staff were so helpful & considerate, especially the concierge who came to our room with bucket of ice etc. to help get the swelling & bleeding under control, they even offered to get a doctor which we didn't think was needed. We would just like to thank them for what they did & we will definately be staying again on our next visit. Thankyou so much, would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cyndy a

Dear cyndy a,

thank you very much for this amazing review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was sorry to hear that you'd had a fall and hope that you are already much better now.

It is always so rewarding for the team to get such perfect and personable feedback and they were overjoyed to read your comments and have asked me to pass on their gratitude for this.

Hopefully you have reason to visit your grandson again soon and will stay with us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed overnight to attend my friends wedding reception. The hotel is next to the Thames and our function room, an airy conservatory, had a lovely view of the river. We enjoyed excellent service from everyone. Our meal was excellent, Beef that melted in your mouth and a chocolate dessert I will return for. Comfy beds and a quality breakfast too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelgenie19

Dear Sandra S,

thank you very much for this wonderful review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

It was brilliant to read that you enjoyed your friends wedding so much and everything worked out so well.

My head chef was very pleased to read your superb comments on his food and has shared your feedback with his team.

I look forward to welcoming you back from Portsmouth soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

stayed last night at hotel with my partner in room 302 grand room with riverside view.the room was fantastic spacious recently refurbished to a high standard. bed was large and very comfortable .bathroom had nice bath not quite big enough for two but we managed shower was just big enough for two breakfast in the thames view restaurant was very good we would definetely stay again

Room Tip: ask for river view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sam p

Dear sam p,

thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

It was great to read that you had such a great time and enjoyed your stay so much.

Room 302 is one of our Grand Rooms in the Riverside building that we completely refurbished earlier this year and it is turning out to be one of the most popular rooms in the hotel.

Hopefully we can welcome you back here with us soon.