I stayed with my 3 sisters (2 twin rooms, 413 and 416) for a long weekend. We booked well in advance - 6 months - and were able to get a slightly cheaper rate. The hotel is centrally situated and close to the railway station. We were in the annexe over the road up quite a lot of stairs, so to have a porter to carry our bags for us was essential. The staff were friendly and amazingly efficient however, there were a lot of little "niggles" that we had to have seen to, but once reprted they were put right immediately i.e.
* Rooms not cleaned and key cards de-activated. We were given a free drink in the bar whilst waiting
* No clean towels in the room
* Toilet seat fell off
* Shower handle fell off (both 413 & 416)
* No hot water in shower
* Shower leaked.
* Complimentary toiletries turned up on 2nd to last day - we were unaware that we should have had some.
However, the amazing staff put things right immediately and even let us leave our bags in our rooms after check out and they were brought down for us to collect from reception later that day.
I would certainly not have paid the full going rate as the hotel is not as grand as it likes to think it is and all the little faults should not have happened in the first place. The staff are its saving grace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly special hotel at the heart of Royal Windsor. A superb location. Individual charm. First class service and attention to detail. Sir Christopher Wren Hotel has all this, and more.Sheltering beneath the ramparts of Windsor Castle, the hotel enjoys a spectacular setting, overlooking the River Thames at Eton Bridge. The main building holds a unique place in British heritage – and over the years, it has been meticulously restored to offer guests the highest levels of comfort and service. Today, Sir Christopher Wren offers 99 traditional and contemporary rooms, award-winning dining, and a modern gym and spa, as well as outstanding facilities for weddings, conferences and other events.So, if you’re looking for a first-class hotel experience, either for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find it at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel Windsor
- Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel
- Sir Christopher Wrens Windsor