We first visited SCW in February 2011 and have been promising a trip back since. We managed to get there in October and were thrilled to remind ourselves how nice it was.
We were nicely greeted on Sunday evening (28th) by Karina and upgraded to room 5. Luggage carried for us we settled in and I readied myself for a business meeting in Gatwck the next day. Unwinding we decided to stay two nights instead of one and rang reception who very helpfully sorted this out within minutes...feeling immediately more relaxed in our pleasant surroundings with lovely bedding, seating and bathroom we were very happy.
The next morning I left for my meeting and my wife occupied herself in Windsor using SCW as a base to work from. Arriving back at 5pm she was really pleased we'd stayed.
We ate out that evening and didn't book into breakfast but having eaten their before know it's good. I used the gym one morning and it was friendly, well equipped and provoded free tea and all bran which was a nice treat.
The staff were really great and on leaving despite being blocked in by someone who had not left his keys at reception they expertly sorted in with minimum fuss, really professional.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to both couples and to business travellers.
Can't wait to stay again,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly special hotel at the heart of Royal Windsor. A superb location. Individual charm. First class service and attention to detail. Sir Christopher Wren Hotel has all this, and more.Sheltering beneath the ramparts of Windsor Castle, the hotel enjoys a spectacular setting, overlooking the River Thames at Eton Bridge. The main building holds a unique place in British heritage – and over the years, it has been meticulously restored to offer guests the highest levels of comfort and service. Today, Sir Christopher Wren offers 133 traditional and contemporary rooms, award-winning dining, and Wren's Club gym and day spa, as well as outstanding facilities for weddings, conferences and other events. So, if you’re looking for a first-class hotel experience, either for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find it at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel Windsor
- Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel
- Sir Christopher Wrens Windsor