Loved the water front location just a few blocks from plenty of eating and shopping, as well as 2 close metro stations.
Service was good, but not great.
Hotel itself is not great. Needs a complete remodel inside. The layout is horrendous... To get our room you had to go up three steps, take a right, take a left, go down 2 stairs, take a right, down 3 more stairs, take a right, go up 20 stairs, turn right, go up 5 more stairs, then back down two.... Really? All this with two 40lb suitcases that the doorman only decided to grab one (and banged up all along the walls and stairs along the way). wow! Not something they can easily change, but not for elderly or anyone with mobility issues.
Rooms were decent sized, but molding, paint, outlets looked beat up. Carpet was a little worn, but clean. Bathrooms were just bad. Holes in the tile all over, just sylicones shut, no outlet that worked, one light behind you... making it hard to groom with the low light. My wife HATED it!
Room service was kinda funny. It was late and we didnt want to go out for food. We ordered a Roast beef and cheese sandwich, chips, and a lemonade.... $18 for 2 peices of loaf bread, 1 peice of oscar meyer deli meat, 8 chips and a glass of sprite. I understand room service is always expensive, but come on.... I also noticed the people across the hall ordered two burgers, they looked like 2 bites had been taken from each then put back on the plate - looked burnt bad.
Not sure what would be better in the area, but I would look around. For the money, there has got to be better. We will be back next year and dont plan to even look at the place.
Service and location was the only thing that made it "decent".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly special hotel at the heart of Royal Windsor. A superb location. Individual charm. First class service and attention to detail. Sir Christopher Wren Hotel has all this, and more.Sheltering beneath the ramparts of Windsor Castle, the hotel enjoys a spectacular setting, overlooking the River Thames at Eton Bridge. The main building holds a unique place in British heritage – and over the years, it has been meticulously restored to offer guests the highest levels of comfort and service. Today, Sir Christopher Wren offers 99 traditional and contemporary rooms, award-winning dining, and a modern gym and spa, as well as outstanding facilities for weddings, conferences and other events.So, if you’re looking for a first-class hotel experience, either for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find it at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel Windsor
- Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel
- Sir Christopher Wrens Windsor